• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Stick PC/ Mini PC for streamer

rwortman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Seems to me that one of these would make a nice bridge to a DAC for a streamer. I recently purchased a pro audio USB interface on Ebay that doesn't have any official Linux support. I know I can just connect my laptop to it but it seemed like a cool idea to have a micro pc dedicated to it. I should be able to play to it and record from it with via remote desktop or using my HT display as a monitor. This company Azulle makes some of the best stick PC's and is having a sale on refurbs/returns on older models. I have a 4 year old Asus notebook that is running a slower processor and it runs Roon control just fine. I am quite sure it will play with no problems too. The cheapest model they have available is a refurb/return wi fi stick PC for $68, ethernet and wi fi for $88 both with Win10 installed. I just ordered their BytePlus micro desktop with 4g RAM and Win10 Pro for $140. I think thes are a good option for someone that wants to stream music into a DAC with a fanless small footprint solution and doesn't want to screw around with Linus. Both sticks and micro desktop have a microSD slot for storage expansion and two or more USB ports for peripherals.

Top Bottom