• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Edit functions

rwortman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This forum seems to have odd editing behavior. When I reply to a post I often want to edit the quoted post to only include the comment I am replying to. Highlighting and deleting doesn’t work. Backspacing over things works but it is interminably slow. On every other forum I go to the backspace function deletes single characters for a few words and then switches to entire words to speed up the process. This one deletes single characters for a few words and then switches to deleting single characters only more slowly. What the hell?

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
When I reply to a post I often want to edit the quoted post to only include the comment I am replying to.

You do know that you can select a part of a post to respond to, so you don't have to edit the entire post?

Screenshot_20220228-074549_copy_1080x1691.png

Not exactly your issue, but may help.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Nice! Imagine how happy I am now, not knowing this myself beforehand. You just can’t, so don’t even try! :cool:

Sometimes, it's the small things...

I know how relieved I was when I first found that trick.

danadam

This forum seems to have odd editing behavior. When I reply to a post I often want to edit the quoted post to only include the comment I am replying to. Highlighting and deleting doesn’t work. Backspacing over things works but it is interminably slow. On every other forum I go to the backspace function deletes single characters for a few words and then switches to entire words to speed up the process. This one deletes single characters for a few words and then switches to deleting single characters only more slowly. What the hell?
What operating system and browser are you using. Selecting and deleting works for me on linux on firefox. Also ctrl-backspace deletes to the beginning of the word and ctrl-shift-backspace deletes to to the beginning of the line. And of course there is "Toggle BB code" option (the icon with two square brackets), which should turn it into plain text input box.
But selecting what to reply for, mentioned above, seems the easiest.

OP
R

rwortman

Forum Donor
Mostly I am using IpadOS with Safari. I don’t see a control or alt key on the virtual keyboard. I guess I’ll do a bit of research. I figured that backspace behavior was a forum setting thst could be changed. The highlight and reply is news, I will try that. Editing my own verbosity is another matter.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Mostly I am using IpadOS with Safari. I don’t see a control or alt key on the virtual keyboard. I guess I’ll do a bit of research. I figured that backspace behavior was a forum setting thst could be changed. The highlight and reply is news, I will try that. Editing my own verbosity is another matter.
Long press hold on the start or end word then drag back (or forward) should do it

OP
R

rwortman

Forum Donor
You do know that you can select a part of a post to respond to, so you don't have to edit the entire post?

View attachment 189748

Not exactly your issue, but may help.
I tried this on my Ipad and it doesn’t work. Maybe it’s a Safari thing or an IpadOS thing.

Top Bottom