Search results

1. Saturn94

Recommend replacement cable for Drop + DCA Aeon Closed X headphones?

The cable that came with my Drop+DCA Aeon Closed X headphones is too short, so I’ve been using a cable extension. The connector on the cable extension is now failing. I’m thinking instead of buying another cable extension I would just by a longer replacement cable to eliminate the extension as...
  2. Saturn94

Subwoofer buzz/hum revisited…what is best solution?

Some years ago I noticed a buzz/hum when I was near my sub, a Power Sound Triax. I didn’t notice it at the listening position, particularly when playing content. I added a BJC Isolation Transformer and the noise went away. I assumed this meant there was a ground loop issue? I recently came...
  3. Saturn94

Dedicated DAC vs using Squeezebox Touch analog outputs?

Currently for my headphone setup I’m using a Squeezebox Touch‘s analog outputs to my JDS Atom+ headphone amp. The Touch is being used as a Roon endpoint. Headphones are Drop+DCA Aeon Closed X. This setup sounds great to me, but I have very limited experience in this area. How likely would...
  4. Saturn94

Proper care of headphone setup?

Thanks to this forum, I recently bought my first “serious” headphone setup; Drop+DCA Aeon X Closed headphones and a JDS Atom+ headphone amp. The amp is being fed by a Logitech Squeezebox Touch being used as a Roon endpoint. Of course I want to take proper care of it so I can enjoy it for many...
  5. Saturn94

Considering “upgrading” to Dan Clark headphones. Need advice.

Long time lurker here. My current headphone setup is an NAD Viso HP50 (with EQ, reviewed very here well by Amir) with my iPad 7th gen running Roon. I’m thinking of upgrading, but have questions. I’m on a tight budget (considering up to $500 for headphones and up to $200 for an amp). After a...
Top Bottom