Search results

1. Y

level matching sub and mains against room modes

I have a peak at 52hz and a dip at70hz . In fact i do not understand if it is a peak or dips beside it. I want to level match sub and mains. Should i equalize low end peaks before level matching?
  2. Y

Does it work?

That page calculates quantity of treatements needed. But i have better decay times than what is predicted with a lot of treatement. Does it make sense? https://www.atsacoustics.com/page--Free-Online-Room-Acoustics-Analysis--ora.html
  3. Y

Hiding acoustic panels

There is 1 foot distance between wall and a cabinet in my room. Can we put 6inch or thicker poreous absorbers into places like that. Or should they be on the walls. Not telling the first reflection concerned ones
  4. Y

Mic and foam tryouts

I experimented those below with Behringer Ecm8000 and two different foams, but especially could not measure a meaningful difference. Mic was 90cm to mains My setup : A couple of Eris E5 on desk and a Temblor T8 under. Mic is Behringer Ecm8000 uncalibrated. Made a roll from the foams and...
  5. Y

New questions

I improved my measurement capabilities a little. I am interested in treatement. I tried a lot of placements and i think this is the best. I have some questions for you audio scientists :) 1-The decay times in the spectogram and rt60 are not parallel. Rt60 seems to be higher ? 2-According to my...
  6. Y

Helmholtz resonator imitation room

What if we drill the drywalls of our room according to some calculations. Can we fix some acoustic problems ?
  7. Y

Different ways to deal with room

I do not have the opportunity to make acoustic treatements. But i do not like the lows my sub produce. Can there be any pros of using subbass capable nearfields vs 2+1 system thinking of the resonances , ringing etc. If the mains are capable of producing 40hz +- 3db , does it produce the same...
  8. Y

First measurement

Can you please inspect my measurement? It is an untreated 4000cubic ft office room . Edifier Mr4 + Temblor T8 sub https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikystyc963dq5oh/MR4%2BT8SUB.mdat?dl=0
  9. Y

Interface for xlr mic room measurement

I bought an Ecm8000 xlr measurement mic for room measurement. Especially low frequencies is my concern because i am an ordinary music listener and have lf issues. Which spec should i look for when buying an audio interface? May the cheapest ones do my job?
  10. Y

White flag to standing waves

Hi all, I am a 45years old ordinary music listener who wants a little better at 75db near field. I do not have the opportunity to buy equipment after testing. I have a Presonus Temblor T8 sub and a couple of Edifier Mr4 located in my Cad design office as below. The long wall is 1mt behind me...
  11. Y

Active Subwoofer input sensitivity

I have a presonus temblor T8 sub and edifier Mr4 speakers. I use topping d30 dac line out to sub line in and connect mr4s with balanced cables to sub out. Question is quarter gain on sub is too loud and rattling starts. When i dial down more there is no sound. Can it be the dac line out is...
  12. Y

How to eq 2+1 system

I have a set of Presonus Eris 3.5 and a Temblor T8 Subwoofer. Mids seems lacking to my hearing. Lpf settings confused me. How should i eq my system, where should i focus my attention ?
  13. Y

power consumption graphic

Assume that I am playing a Senn hd650 headphone on a JDS atom amp and playing a classic music sample roughly at 90db, how does the power consumption change by time? What is the max and min wattage and/or voltage. Can we find this kind of a measurement graphic ?
  14. Y

Am i sick

As little time passes after my purchase, i start to hear imperfections more and more. I cant use anything more than 3 month. It happened again after buying my first planar monolith m1060. It was an eye opener at the begining. Today i am playing with EQ to get better sq than oratory's setup. Am i...
  15. Y

Reservoir power in headphone amps

Dragonfly Red supplies max 11mw power for HD650. That may be sufficient for low volume but what happens with the peak levels of music. Does it have caps or something like that for headroom?
  16. Y

Real instrument tone vs software imitation

Have you seen a comparison with some graphics like Fr and/or Harmonic distortion. I want to see the differences between the low notes i like in some jazz music and some more popular ones
  17. Y

Dac spec "decay"

Hi to all I bought a monolith 1060m planar and paired it with JDS Atom and Topping D30. I really liked it but when listening to songs that have too many instruments, it sometimes becomes a blurry muddy like voice. I dont think atom to be unsufficient. 1-What can be responsible for that? 2-Can...
  18. Y

Caps in dac design

Hi all, I see ten thousands u farads of capasitors in some dacs like hegel. I knew that caps reserve electricity for momentary power. Bu isn't it the amplifier's task? What are the benefits, and what other components are beneficial for sq in dac designs?
  19. Y

Mains noise and instability

Excuse me for my English first. I listen to my headphone system at work. And i hear differences between working hours and nights. There are a lot of High current industrial machines around. My amplifier is graham slee solo ultra diamond with linear ps, and a topping d30 with smps. I cant modify...
Top Bottom