Search results

1. Norville

SoundArtist ("BBC") LS3/5A Speaker Review

That's a wholly different topic. When it comes to music and sound reproduction I will be somewhere in the middle, good measurements will act as a baseline to see if the product is not broken, although that can be deceiving too since for example the HiFiman Susvaras were considered more or less...
  2. Norville

Let's just agree that we are all different and have different goals. What unites us is this wonderful hobby.
  3. Norville

Well, if it suits you that way the artist intended, then it's not. Moreover, it's so hard to just have one setting for EQ etc for one type of music. Ideally, you want different settings for different music.
  4. Norville

In my experience, the closest thing I have heard to neutral or flat I have heard a kind of studio reference sound if you will, was from Genelec 8361 active monitors with GLM room correction. That sounded a bit harsh and not warm or inviting but technically very impressive. Not the sound I'm...
  5. Norville

But you can alter the sound according to your own preferences with EQ, tubes and less or more bassy speakers, more technical speakers and such. Neutral, flat or natural is mostly a lie.
  6. Norville

But the real question is, is the live music you are describing the type of sound you want and prefer while listening at home with your own speakers? Like for example, I don't listen to classical music in a large concert hall without amplification very often, but when I do it sounds flat indeed...
  7. Norville

Accurately as possible to whom? There seems to be exist some benchmarks or references in sound science that everybody in the industry seem to strive for, like Harman targets or as low THD+N as possible, but I don't like Harman targets (which are highly coloured by the way) and THD+N is something...
  8. Norville

Yes, HRTF comes into play and psychoacoustics.
  9. Norville

I'm saying I like the Sound Artists. Have you actually heard them?
  10. Norville

I'm mostly a headphone guy. And I usually EQ around 3100 Hz if there's an annoying peak. I know what upper mid can cause. Topping headphone amps do sound cold. Don't like the character. I've been through multiple. But I do think that DACs should sound uncolored and that the speakers and amps...
  11. Norville

Contrary to everyone here it seems I love these little speakers. Certainly better than Dynaudio BM5, DALI Zensor 2, Heco Victa Prime, Mission LX-2, Dynaudio Excite X18, Wharfedale Denton 80th, all of which haven't made me enjoy the music as much. But I don't think I belong here, I don't let...
  12. Norville

Topping HS02 USB isolator early impressions

You are most likely right. I don't mind that noise however, that's really something I can live with compared to how it was.
  13. Norville

No noise following mouse movement or GPU load. I think the speakers themselves have some background noise from the factory and it is with high volume with nothing playing.
  14. Norville

I couldn't find a lot of information about the Topping HS02 USB isolator online from people actually using one so I thought I'd post some of my early impressions of using it. I had a pretty bad noise coming out of the USB connections from my PC motherboard. It didn't matter if I had the output...
  15. Norville

Weiliang/BRZHiFi Linear USB power supply questions

I only have a 5V one. Not planning to buy another one but it sure made me curious.
  16. Norville

Interesting. Don't think my router runs on those voltages, but I'm curious how that works.
  17. Norville

Actually, come to think of it, I'm also using it with my logitech harmony hub for the extra usb-output, but that's very low powered, it's been working great so far.
  18. Norville

It's been working well. As you said, well built and feels good overall. The only problem is that it gets worringly hot when connected to two things. I'm only using it for my Soncoz head-amp at the moment and then it's cool to the touch. I did work with the E50 and the Rpi 3 together but as I...
  19. Norville

Any owners of Soncoz QXA1 headphone amp?

I just bought a barely used Soncoz QXA1 headphone amp and wondering if I made the right decision. There is nothing written from actual users of this amp anywhere which I can find and I've search many forums. If there are any owners here, could you write a few sentences on how you found it. My...
  20. Norville

Don't worry about it. Apology accepted. I know one should never underestimate what electricity can do.
Top Bottom