Search results

1. I know (almost) nothing

List of Powered Speakers with HDMI input?

The TV has an optical out which I’d prefer not to use , because of controlling volume levels. Also has a headphone out. Hadn’t thought of headphone out because of possible quality?
  2. I know (almost) nothing

I'd like to stay under $500. I saw a refurb pair of "the fives" for around that. Or maybe the Elacs
  3. I know (almost) nothing

In living room, which isnt giant either, I have a 55 inch with a bluesound powernode (hdmi) and Elac dbr62’s Trying not to put in an amp for reasons
  4. I know (almost) nothing

Because the speakers are going to be mainly to attach to the TV. Very small room, but I’m trying to find alternative to sound bar. It’s it’s a 43 inch TV.
  5. I know (almost) nothing

Is there a comprehensive list of powered speakers that have HDMI input? I am looking for something small to go in a 11'x11' room on either side of the TV
  6. I know (almost) nothing

WiiM Amp discussion

I have the bluesound powernode, but I’m very interested in seeing a direct comparison . Has anybody ever compared the blue OS software/nterface to wiim’s?
  7. I know (almost) nothing

After the hype of Chinese HiFi brands, what is the jury?

I couldn’t find an appropriate poll choice either. I think it depends on your use case and personality. If you’re ok with disposable components. If you have component ADHD where you constantly tweak and swap and compare. If you’re not a set it and forget it person, then these inexpensive...
  8. I know (almost) nothing

Longest running review threads?

Curious as to which are the longest running product review threads both by age and or by replies? Do you think it reflects on the product’s quality/value/longevity? Are the products we continue to talk about the better ones?
  9. I know (almost) nothing

Integrating a turntable into a digital system

I went through the same thought process myself. Because I have a Bluesound Powernode, I’m considering going with their hub which will digitize it remotely, and the turntable could be in another room. Obviously not for purists, but I have my 1972 Empire turntable that I want to hook back up
  10. I know (almost) nothing

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I like them (without the grills), but they do remind me of the Star Wars droid BB8
  11. I know (almost) nothing

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier Review

Agreed, it’s simple marketing. It allows them to be touted by all the YouTube guys that proclaim “AND it has upgradable op amps!!”, but that fact alone will offend others. My guess is that to their chosen market, it will generate more sales than not.
  12. I know (almost) nothing

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier Review

Perfect amp for my less-than-audiophile project of bypassing the defunct amp of my very old audio engine A5’s
  13. I know (almost) nothing

Speaker recommendations to pair with a Bluesound Powernode N330?

I don’t have any problem with that combination., Though at certain times I need to turn it pretty high up if I wanna rock the house.
  14. I know (almost) nothing

YouTube Audio Reviewer Tier List - Jan 2023 Edition

Wouldn’t we have an easier time rating reviewers by who is most useless but entertaining? Strangely, like others here, watching all those reviewers somehow led me here.
  15. I know (almost) nothing

I moved the sub off to the side (next to my chair). I was using 60hz but just had it reset all the audio settings and it put it at the default of 80. I like it and may keep it there. I believe by offloading more of the bass, you free up power to drive the speaker at the remaining levels (not...
  16. I know (almost) nothing

Hi Fi Speaker Demos

Are in-store speaker, demos even a possibility for most of us? In Charleston we only have the option of magnolia at Best Buy. I was willing to drive to audio advice in Charlotte, but they don’t demo any speakers under a certain price point. At Magnolia, I found the room unstaffed and shut down...
  17. I know (almost) nothing

Yes, but it doesn’t always switch automatically especially if the TVs been on while I’m playing Spotify, if I go back to the TV. I like the 10 preset buttons on the remote. Plus, I like not having to open my phone to mute, change volume or skip forward!
  18. I know (almost) nothing

Hey @Seany Yes, sticking with the Elac's and playing around with positioning, which has had a major impact on sound than comparing those two speakers. Also playing with Sub crossover, position and level. I'm happy (for now?). I started off with the R200's based on the reviews here. I can't...
  19. I know (almost) nothing

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Hi, I'm Charlie. I'm a 65-year-old IT person from NYC but live in Charleston SC. I have tinnitus at a very high frequency. In June, I moved back into my 150-year-old house on the second floor, with 10' ceilings and a bouncy-ish floor. For about 12 years my audio setup was a pair of...
Top Bottom