Search results

1. T

Headphone recommendation for causal listening in office environment

Thanks for the recommendations. DT700: $249 and more classic design that could fit in an office environment DCA Aeon: $429 (beyond the budget) and more audiophile design. Sony MDR ZX110: $10 and classic design
  2. T

Headphone recommendation for causal listening in office environment

I am looking for a closed back headphones for listening to music in a not very noisy office environment. IEMs are not an option because they make my tinnitus worse. Currently I have a Sennheiser Hd1 (momentum 2.0) with eq via Qudelix 5k but I don't like how they sound with and without ANC. They...
  3. T

TV voice clarity equalization for external speakers

Hi! My tv is connected to external speakers using the headphone out. It sounds better than the tv speakers. However, I have too issues: It is hard to understand the dialogues in movies due to how loud the background music and effects are in the mix. In soccer games it is annoying to hear the...
  4. T

Tinnitus suffers! Are still able to enjoy music? Do you go to concerts?

That is what I have experienced. The lobby of my office building (very high ceilings) or Whole Foods (very high ceiling) I shop increase my tinnitus sound a lot. I don't know why. But NYC subway is not a big deal. I went to a school Carnival party of my daughter's school, the sound level of the...
  5. T

Thanks for the response. They give me some hope
  6. T

For The first four months my tinnitus level was higher than the music. And also took my some time to accept this new condition. Still working on this with relaxation and mindfulness. Just a month ago I started listening music again, more and more exposure each week. My ears prefer hear the...
  7. T

Hello. 5 months after the onset, thinks are getting a little bit better in terms of anxiety and quality of life. Induced by hearing loss above 4K hz. For long term tinnitus suffers: 1- are you still able to enjoy listening to music through the tinnitus buzzing sound? 2- do you go to concerts?
  8. T

Powered speakers for living room

Update: after 5 1/2 months of fight with several ENT and audiologist, I have to accept that I have tinnitus due to hearing loss in my left ear beyond 4k hz. It has been a challenge; I still struggle to accept that I have to live with it forever. So this is going to be a long journey. I know...
  9. T

Still trying to heal my ear. I was really depressed after two months suffering hearing problems. After visiting three ENT, one of them finally found that my inner ear is inflamed, and it was not related to Eustachian tube dysfunction. The issue started with the Genelecs after a couple of weeks...
  10. T

Kali Audio IN-8 Studio Monitor Review

Have you compared A/B the Kali with 8351A?
  11. T

Thanks for the note. I had the Genelec 8020 and 8040 and understand the point of clarity. I could not keep them because my left ear did not like it and got clogged. Considering the room acoustics and lack of quality of my ears, I don't see the benefit in spending $3500 on pair Neumann KH-150.
  12. T

I have read the 55 pages of discussion and very few owners have posted their impressions of these speakers or the kali in-5. How do they sound?
  13. T

Ear is healing after several weeks of treatment. So my priority is protecting my ears more than SQ. Because of that I think my next trial is going to be the Kali In-5 as it has textile dome tweeter. I am sure it is not going to sound closer to the 8040 but it is a compromise
  14. T

Major Problem with Professional Monitor Speakers!

Hi, I have the same ear issues with the Genelecs I have tried: 8020 and 8040. Clogged left ear. I started a thread, but it would be good to consolidate a list of prone to clogging speakers. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/powered-speakers-for-living-room.40093/ I think...
  15. T

Topping E50 light "crackle" sound on Linux (Pop OS 22.04/Ubuntu 22.04) with Pipewire and Wireplumber

Two more checks: 1. Install the lowlatency kernel version with ubuntu studio installer https://frontpagelinux.com/tutorials/easily-install-jack-audio-with-ubuntu-studio-installer/ Tweak the rt config https://jackaudio.org/faq/linux_rt_config.html 2. Go back to jack and pulseaudio. systemctl...
  16. T

I think the Behringers were brighter than the Genelecs. So it was not a problem of high frequency definition or SPL.
  17. T

I have not any issue before the 8020. The ringing disappeared after a month. And then it started again with the 8040. I went to the audiologist and ENT when the ringing with the 8020 was 24/7 and affecting my quality of life. The test showed that my left ear has some hearing loss in the high...
Top Bottom