Search results

1. The Audiophool

"Paired" Speakers

Well the Revel M16s have now replaced the ageing Celestions. The initial unmeasured feedback is excellent, despite being unmatched or L/R placement specific. What I have read here about them would suggest a pretty tight tolerance level as mentioned by Keith above. So I will sell the Celestions...
  2. The Audiophool

Anyone tried a Revel B10 Sub?

I've just invested in a pair of Revel M16s. Can't comment yet on the sound, as they only arrived today and still boxed. A good deal at £550 (fingers crossed) and that includes the UK's larcenous 20% sales tax. There is a body of opinion here that a good sub will be required and I am not at all...
  3. The Audiophool

"Paired" Speakers

Thought so. ASR is such a font of cold reality. The left and right bit is quite weird though. How could it make a difference?
  4. The Audiophool

"Paired" Speakers

My ancient Celestion A1s are a "matched" pair. Consecutive serial numbers and handily marked L and R. I've just ordered some Revel M16s. One of them has arrived and I hope the other gets here tomorrow. They are individually boxed ( and sold individually in the US I believe). So my pair will be a...
  5. The Audiophool

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

Yes, humour intended - but not to misdirect. Nor any sarcasm. That Nordost Cable is weapons-grade BS we are all familiar with. And if you follow the equation of doom (spend more x believe "experts" = better sound) you may well end up with a pair. And if they were measurably better than standard...
  6. The Audiophool

And that speaker cable came in at £60K for the 3 metres I'd need. I wouldnt plug it in. I'd have to wear it.
  7. The Audiophool

Yes, maybe a thread on the most outrageous kit available would work!
  8. The Audiophool

My profound apologies. Never was very good with the correct form on these things. Memo to self: must try harder.
  9. The Audiophool

Thanks for the welcome, Perhaps my observations were not well made. I asserted nothing - unsupported or otherwise, and made no claims of any kind - scientifically implausible or otherwise. My post simply reflected personal experience - from believing that I would hear better things the more I...
  10. The Audiophool

Ok, Ok I'm new here and reflecting on my pain. So, so hard to get back to actual music after listening to all that sound. I'm reluctantly going to delay my purchase of these beauties until you guys give them the ASR thumbs up, I'm sure they'd send in a reel for testing...
  11. The Audiophool

How to emerge unscathed from the last century................?

I agree. For the money it is very impressive. Also with the price of decent vinyl these days it really is the perfect way to listen without commiting, as it were. No need for a CD player either (I sold the MF 3.2) It looks like we'll settle on Tidal for streaming once we've exhausted all the...
  12. The Audiophool

Wife is appearance only speakerwise. Smallish black and invisible would meet her needs. I just want sound. The Linn has been serviced by an authorised dealer.
  13. The Audiophool

Thanks for all your replies - really appreciated. The room is big by UK standards - 20 x 16. I listen across the width with the system in front of solid outer walls (block+ brick skin). Speakers need to be pretty close to the walls. New wall unit going in so looks like one speaker shelf...
  14. The Audiophool

Hello All As a newbie I need some advice. I have finally been successfully cut from the wreckage of the 1980's and 1990's. Poorer and wiser. Recently recommissioned some boxes from over decade in the loft. A Linn LP12, Akito/K9 ( basic I know - but even when rich and single, this was a...
Top Bottom