Search results

1. C

Looking for Warm Headphones with a Certain Sound Signature

I thought the scientificly/technically correct thing to do is to choose a pair of headphones with the most neutral sound curve and get over anything which sounds unnatural such as speech which sounds over-exposed and airy, like I've been with my Sennheiser HD 560S (late 2022 version). While I...
  2. C

EQing High Resolution PCM and DSD

Do any multi-channel audio/video receivers do this? It would solve the problem of DSD getting converted to PCM, as well as 192KHz PCM getting downsampled.
  3. C

Pocket-Sized or Belt-Wearable HDMI I/O / Thunderbolt 4 / USB 3.2 C I/O DAC with Support for DSD and 192/24 PCM, and LDAC and AptX Bluetooth Codecs?

I am looking for a portable audio interface with headphone output I can physically connect to a universal player's HDMI output and a laptop's Thunderbolt 4 / USB C port, and wirelessly connect it with a player transmitting the LDAC Bluetooth codec.
  4. C

Purchasing Cables for Sennheiser HD 6## Series Headphones

Sennheiser's spare parts store hasn't had any of their cables in stock for a long time. I am looking for a four-footer. Amazon has various models from various manufacturers. But I don't know which ones are of good quality, which ones are overpriced, which ones are and aren't worth a higher...
  5. C

Bass, Impedance, and Hearing Protection

Whether using low or high impedance headphones, the higher the volume, the better the low-bass response. Yet with low impedance headphones, higher volumes also bring the rest of the audio spectrum to uncomfortable levels to the point of post-listening ringing in my ears. However, with higher...
  6. C

Is This Intel/Realtek Combo Audio Interface Better than a Standard Realtek Interface?

This is the audio interface found in the late 2018 - mid 2019 HP SPECTRE 15.6" HP SPECTRE x360 premium laptops. I accidentally posted about it in the headphone amp section and didn't know this would be a better place to discuss it. Below is some info which might help someone identify it. Is...
  7. C

The Audio Science Review Headphone & IEM Review Request Thread

If this thread already exists, please delete this and private message me with the link. I find amirm's work helpful in my research and evaluation of my current gear, as well as gear I am considering. I would like to see reviews for the Philips Fidelio X3, Philips SHP-9500, Philips SHP-9600...
  8. C

Is My Laptop's Headphone Output Strong Enough for 300-Ohm Headphones?

Here are my results using two 50-Ohm headsets - the Sennheiser HD 559 with a rated SPL of 108 dB, and the Sennheiser HD 599 with a rated SPL of 106 dB. Level - Average Result 25% - Comfortable, with rare instances of discomfort and rare instances of weakness 50% - Uncomfortable, except in...
  9. C

The Difference between the HD 600, HD 650, and HD 660S according to Sennheiser

According to this official Sennheiser video, the HD 650 is intended to accommodate more modern music by way of a "warmer" sound. The HD 660S is intended to accommodate modern music by way of a warmer sound like the HD 650, and also accommodate today's devices by way of a lower impedance. The...
  10. C

Absolute Transparency

Here's what I mean. Is it yet possible to mic a room and when the volume of the mic mixer is no louder than your surroundings, not be able to tell you're listening through headphones because of the design of the headphones? If headphones which produce such a phenomenon would cost thousands of...
Top Bottom