• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Purchasing Cables for Sennheiser HD 6## Series Headphones

Chris Kelly

Sennheiser's spare parts store hasn't had any of their cables in stock for a long time. I am looking for a four-footer. Amazon has various models from various manufacturers. But I don't know which ones are of good quality, which ones are overpriced, which ones are and aren't worth a higher price, etc..

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Oso Polar

How is it for microphonics? Any noise when it rubs against the fabric of your clothes or when you tap it with your fingers?
Zero microphonics. And it is very soft and flexible, so it doesn't "remember" any shape as some other cables. It behaves like a shoelace, it is hard to believe that there are metal wires inside.

Attachments

• 20221127_013415.jpg
    20221127_013415.jpg
    562.6 KB · Views: 48

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Zero microphonics. And it is very soft and flexible, so it doesn't "remember" any shape as some other cables. It behaves like a shoelace, it is hard to believe that there are metal wires inside.
That's great. Often these cables are noisy as can be and annoying as can be too. I'll bookmark your cable because we get peeps here asking for cable advice fairly often.

Last edited:
Top Bottom