Search results

1. D

DSP Measurements and Rising Noise Floor

Flex HTx is what I meant. My source is a vero4k which is a linux platform, and could perform DSP before sending to the DAC (whether Motu or Flex HTx)
  2. D

DSP Measurements and Rising Noise Floor

I've put together a brief pros/cons list. Is this an accurate assessment/summary? I'm tempted to go with MiniDSP Flex HT and try it as a pure DAC with Camilla; and if Camilla proves too difficult to work with HT audio (resampling+complex pipelines/filters+ processing speed for audio/video...
  3. D

MiniDSP Flex HTx Measurement (FW1.1.17 Update)

This seems like a deal-breaker...the lower the volume the more bits are lost and SINAD/noise is going to take a hit. Unless I'm missing something.
  4. D

MiniDSP Flex HTx Measurement (FW1.1.17 Update)

I'm confused by the multi-tone issue...if no filters are applied I would expect no clipping until digital clipping at 0+ volumes. If filters are applied, then the clipping could occur at a negative volume: eg a filter that boosts volume at a frequency by 5db could clip at -5 master volume. Is...
  5. D

MiniDSP Flex HTx

I believe it can but not without much effort...I only use it for streaming Bluray rips from my NAS.
  6. D

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Vero is more like an appliance. Basically plug and play (I have one).
  7. D

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Raspberry pi or vero4k both decode. Anything that can run kodi.
  8. D

MiniDSP Flex HTx

It doesn't even support PCM over plain HDMI, just HDMI eArc...you are asking for something that the Minidsp is not intended to fulfill.
  9. D

Coming soon: MiniDSP Flex with HDMI input

I don't have a MiniDSP yet, but in anticipation I got a 4x4 HDMI matrix which can take any of the four inputs and send to any of the four outputs in any order and combination. 3 inputs are used for bluray, playstation, etc. 1 output goes to my eArc convertor. The eArc would then output to the...
  10. D

Coming soon: MiniDSP Flex with HDMI input

I believe there are several cheaper options. I purchased this (it was on sale for roughly 50% off on Black Friday) in the (likely) eventuality that I purchase a Flex. I haven't tested it but it should work: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BNSY3VKW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
  11. D

Introduction to the SmartCross project

One other thing to keep in mind is that I boost the sub level 10db rather than decrease the other channels by 10db...I did this to retain highest quality for non-sub implementations, but it does mean that you need to use the digital volume control on your DACs to avoid clipping if you are using...
  12. D

Introduction to the SmartCross project

I have not. I was considering using an Okto or Topping 8 channel to go along with a RPI, but I may end up just getting the Minidsp HTx. Unfortunately I've had a hard time testing the software since I don't have a USB DAC currently. It should work with HDMI out of a RPI but my processor isn't...
  13. D

MiniDSP Flex HTx

I've been (over)thinking how I'd hook this up. Most devices that have an eArc input only have one HDMI output, and I need to send a signal to two monitors. I also don't love using a small dongle as an HDMI switch as I'd prefer something more stable and preferably rack-mountable to hook my...
  14. D

MiniDSP Flex HTx

This Orei is the cheapest one I can find: https://www.orei.com/products/4k-hdmi-audio-extractor-switch-with-earc-and-edid-management-hda-934. Another Orei was bit-perfect on digital output, so my guess is this is transparent as well...
  15. D

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Ah this makes so much sense! Thank you.
  16. D

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Understood, the reason I said "restriction" is I assumed any HDMI port would be able to receive a standard lpcm signal. That assumption appears to be misplaced.
  17. D

MiniDSP Flex HTx

I had thought ARC/eARC was an extension to "normal" HDMI, not a restriction; but it looks like I'm wrong. Thats a pretty severe limitation. Since I use a Vero4K for all my media I suppose I could just use USB.
  18. D

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Why wouldn't a standard splitter work? Send an HDMI to the splitter, then one to the TV and one to the minidsp.
  19. D

MiniDSP Flex HTx

Looks like they put their own measurements up. If this can be confirmed, its impressive.
  20. D

MiniDSP Flex HTx

This looks like a phenomenal product and may be just what I was looking for. Only issues are the external power supply and no ethernet/wifi build in.
Top Bottom