Search results

1. A

Newb trying to optimize based on multieq-x results

The default setup from Audyssey multi eq-x (no midrange compensation). Depending on what I’m listening to and the volume I may turn DEQ on at 15 or leave off.
  2. A

Went a little nuts, but it helps validate what I thought I was hearing and then make corrections, where I felt it was needed.
  3. A

Sorry the Audyssey plots are with dynamic eq also on. Made some changes recently and will take more tests on Monday.
  4. A

Critical (Best) Music Tracks for Speaker and Room EQ Testing

Wow too bad I can’t find any Dead shows with such impeccable quality!
  5. A

Thanks, I will try this! The 3 lines represent left, right, and subs or LFE channel.
  6. A

I tried that with using the iPad app previously, I need to try again.
  7. A

Kind of tempted to take my own measurements and turn off Audyssey to see how the results look. I probably should also spend time focusing just on the subwoofers in some of this. I added these monsterous sound isolation feet to my REL 10” last night, should have done a before/after test just on...
  8. A

Sorry, the one with Audyssey off in red is also with DEQ off, I don’t think DEQ can even be on if Audyssey is off. I’m just using the defaults from MultiEq-X on this one which I the only difference is the midrang compensation on reference. Both use the home theater roll off.
  9. A

Red - Audyssey off Green - Audyssey - Reference and Dynamic EQ - On Blue - Audyssey - Flat and Dynamic EQ - Off Need to do one with Audyssey Flat and Dynamic EQ - On as that's what I find I listen to the most.
  10. A

Need to research how to setup the psychoacoustic filters and also change y-axis to match on REW and MultiEq-X (one is SPL one is dB). Figured I'd post this for now. Generally speaking, I think these results look pretty good, and feel like the crossover of 120Hz is validated now, despite front's...
  11. A

Thanks! Don’t think I’m completely down the road of endless tweaking, just getting started with REW for the first time. To your point though, I’m going to leave the surrounds and at most alone and just focus on fronts and subs (although not sure I want to buy another box for sub dsp when...
  12. A

Measuring Subs+Mains REW workflow

Ahh ok Ahh ok thanks! Just checked the correction i posted for my subs in another thread earlier, I see how Audyssey smoothed helped smooth them out a bit from 150Hz to 200Hz, I have crossovers set at 120Hz.
  13. A

Measuring Subs+Mains REW workflow

Wow subs up to 200Hz, I’ve never heard of that. I thought most people try to limit them around 80 -120Hz with a max roll off to 160Hz.
  14. A

Direct, Pure Direct & Stereo with Audyssey by-pass

A bit off topic, but one point of caution for others on functionality. I recently added a WIIM Pro and SMSL D100 DAC. While there is clearly a nice improvement in sound and better functionality with Tidal direct, you loose the nicely integrated HEOS capabilities of switching the receiver source...
  15. A

Direct, Pure Direct & Stereo with Audyssey by-pass

Wow that’s so obvious and yet I can’t believe I never realized this use case! Thank you.
  16. A

Hi - Finally bit the bullet on multieq-x and am excited to learn more, although I know I just opened a can of worms, so I'm trying to pace things. I'd love to better understand a few things for now and would be grateful for any help this community can provide. For now, I'm sticking with the...
Top Bottom