Search results

1. Katji

What is your stance on Chinese brand Hi-fi equipment

I am not buying any American junk, ever. No matter how "well-established" it is. Having to ship to USA costs the same. They are all linked to the state, the so-called military industrial complex. Gangster state, like Russia, just more sophisticated.
  2. Katji

As usual, you do not make sense. First you say it is undeniable that they are popular. Then you ask whether they are "actually" popular or we are "just led to believe." WTF!
  3. Katji

oh god, not again! political post, should have been removed already.
  4. Katji

Why the market do not move into external active design?

Most people will see that like a contradiction, or anomaly. Or what you describe is an AVR. First there are powered speakers - i.e., the amplifier/s are integrated. Then active speakers - imtegrated amplifers/spowered + DSP, and now probably some wireless capability. There is good reason for...
  5. Katji

There's no proposal there // that's not going anywhere. Class D is happening, low voltage amplification is viable, just not for big speakers. Spatial audio is beginning to happen, trend is beginning. Instead of multiple big speakers around the room. Small speakers and batteries. In other...
  6. Katji

Why should / why would wireless technology not supersede cables? Surely the technology will continue to advance? Wireless networking advances, BlueTooth has improved. But BlueTooth is a trademark, not the end of the story. [My active speakers have BlueTooth as an input option, of course, but...
  7. Katji

The mass market is changing, has changed, just the hi-fi category has not. Some of the high-end hi-fi has changed - like Kii, Avantgarde, Dynaudio, Genelec. The main part, most of hi-fi, changed already, to home theatre/AVR, although not to powered speakers, of course. Plus there's the trend...
  8. Katji

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

Sometimes I disrupt the main thread by sticking electronic in it. ...or some gross hip-hop. Either they play it by accident, for a few seconds, and are disgusted, or they might like it. Long shot, but who knows.
  9. Katji

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

Yeh, some people are thorough about it, they get everything on their page/profile, but others don't bother so much. i.e. they follow everything that publishes any of their stuff, so it shows up on their page. And then I spend ages scrolling down to find it, until I give up and use the search...
  10. Katji

Distortion Budget

Where did you get that idea? "Needs" to be? It is two different things. Basically, the loudspeaker is a transducer, converting electrical energy to sound energy. The other stuff is converting digital/data to electrical emergy and amplifying it so that it is suitable for driving the loudspeaker...
  11. Katji

What are we listening to right now..

:cool: via Soul Summit set at The Lot Radio #Brooklyn NYC. album So Far | 2006 | French :)
  12. Katji

Performance vs reliability/serviceability

Peugot 404 is famous for that in Africa. Unequalled. Maybe not repairable by the owner himself, per se, but the mechanics there have the experience and so on. And that is why life is so much more stressful nowadays.
  13. Katji

High-pass in sub to satellites not working? Or am i stupid? (B&W ASW600 sub)

Try this: https://manualsdump.com/en/manuals/bowers-and-wilkins-asw600/14583/12 Apparently the Phase setting affects the high-pass. ...or the result of how the low-pass is set relative to the roll-off of the satellites.
  14. Katji

Chord GroundARAY Review (Noise Filter?)

Yes I am. They are both bullshitters. [ You are aware..? ] Come to reality. They repeatedly get a bashing? Really? And you don't know why? :rolleyes: I said they are both bullshitters. btw, Did you notice a reply some pages back, saying something like "Not much difference." ? And someone...
  15. Katji

Well, I was going to make a point about that - in one of the Chord review threads, I think, or maybe a Danny review thread - where there was the usual thread of people defending or rationalising, like on the basis of "respect the hustle." Well, it's a cliche example, but I have no problem with...
  16. Katji

Shame is appropriate for what they [the "Establishment"] did to Alan Turing. [ref. tv series "Icons".] ..."Cancel culture" not something new.
  17. Katji

What are we listening to right now..

→ Show #559 Track List: soulection.com/tracklists/559 — The SoundCloud uploads are Explicit — The Clean Version is up on Apple Music 1 ** Soulection Radio Shows on Apple Music 1 are archived here on SoundCloud 6 days after they air live on Saturday **
  18. Katji

Same person does it every time. It amuses him. In some instances it's almost obvious.
Top Bottom