Search results

1. K

Is it worth getting locking RCA cables?

For me is worth it and cost under $100. I have once broken a few RCA because of tight oxidation.
  2. K

using test tone, what you input signal drop in dBv against dB SPL drop?

Generated a sine 7500Hz in my iMac at 70dB SPL volume, I decrease- 0.5dBv from the iMac, I get as low as -65db drop. I am using my handphone and try to be as stable as possible. Next using my 8" studio monitor with mic I get from 32.6dB drop 30.6dB at sample file with -1dBv on test tone @ 3000Hz...
  3. K

$5 cable or $100 overspec audio cable

Yup, another cable thread. Now it is cost.
  4. K

Audio engineer is an art or science?

I will call it is art. Audio engineer in general term, record, mix and sell music/sound. You just part of the process. Of course, your product is bound by tools defined by science. What is you understanding of audio engineering? I'm not asking for right or wrong, but your understanding.
  5. K

Can you hear the "depth" in this sinewave clip?

I attach a screenshot of it. Sure you can hear the reverb tail at the back. But no, can you listen the sinewave is "away" at the middle of the clip? Another the word the sinewave should be moving away from you. Listen with low volume first so that you can adjust the volume to your comfort.
  6. K

Why Octave Records does not use reference monitors.

Let mix in FR30!:)
  7. K

Will you dislike or even hate an audio brand that sound bad to you?

Nope, I won't. I need more time, energy and money to those brand caught my attention.
  8. K

Have you achieve a listening system that reach that mix engineer, master engineer or producer intended production quality?

In other word, you are having hi fi system near studio quality. For me, I have met some hit song producers. They never mention what kind of system to enjoy their production. Even in studio where the hit songs were made. Never read, listen or come across from these people you need a reproduction...
  9. K

What make up the unit of dB when measuring analog signal?

I notice when measuring cable, amp, .....etc dB is being used a lot of time like noise. dB is loudness, not signal. I only know for analog signal it is make up voltage, current and phase shift in ac. Even it is noise, it is analog signal too by nature. What make up the unit of dB?
  10. K

Do you own any book about hi fi?

I used to own this and give to another people: The first audiophile item I bought.
  11. K

Have you listen to Mark Levinson with Revel Setup?

Mark Levinson electronic driving Revel speaker. Have listen a number of times. The dealer shop is quite open to walk in window shopping. Of course appear frequently in hifi show. Of course, someone here in this forum own a setup too.
  12. K

YT clip: Speaker Set Up Conversation

Do you agree what being said? I'm not a fan of speakers push to the front wall and side wall. Not a fan of corner subtrap as 1st priority too.
  13. K

Can you hear -0.1db or +0.1 db at 500Hz?

I made a clip using a loop music. First loop original. 2nd loop +0.1, 500Hz, Q2, shelf eq. 3rd loop -0.1, 500Hz, Q2, shelf eq. Not gonna make poll. Any different is really up to you. How much are you truth to yourself. You can cut and do a null test to be sure, it is digitally done correctly.
  14. K

What is the difference between snake oil and rip off, or both are the same?

Love to know how you guys define them. Explain this amp is a snake oil, or that amp is a rip off, because........
Top Bottom