Search results

1. S

"Mixing" ported monitors with sealed subs...Pros/Cons...??...

To Whom it May Interest: Primarily an audiophile here... I have a pair of "Rythmik Audio" "G22" subwoofers...(Dual, opposed/bipolar, Servo-monitored/controlled, 12" drivers, sealed cabinet design...)...(From MY experience, the "quickest", most "musical" pair of subwoofers I have ever...
  2. S

Sub-woofer - Monitor Integration/Crossover Questions...???...

Dear MarcosCh: Thank you for the clarification... However, I already DO possess the MiniDSP "SHD" "Studio" pre-amp, so that I would in ALL likelihood pair that unit with a pair of D/A converters, (ONE of which is a "Schiit Audio" "Yggdrasil", (Multi-bit design), the sound of which I...
  3. S

Dear MarcosCH: Thank you...I agree...the "SHD" model, (NON- "SHD" Studio" DOES include it's own D/A converter, however, would I not have to employ 2 D/A converters regardless, as I am splitting the sub-woofer frequencies from the upper base-mid-high frequencies anyway...Additionally, can...
  4. S

Dear Contributors/Suggestion/Advice Offer's: THANK YOU so VERY much regarding your input, it is GREATLY appreciated...!... It so happens that I ordered/received a "MiniDSP SHD" "Studio", (along with the recommended microphone), about two or possibly (!) THREE(?!) years ago...fully...
  5. S

Dear Waynel: Thank you for your prompt response...!... So, regarding sub-woofer/monitor integration, you would suggest an active crossover...(Understood)...so, IF so, would YOU suggest a digital active crossover OVER an analog active crossover, (i.e. a "JL Audio" CR-1, vs. an "S.P.L."...
  6. S

I am planning on purchasing a pair(2), of Rythmik Audio G-22 sub-woofers, (sealed, dual 12 in. drivers, 180 degree opposed/bipolar design), which possess significant set-up flexibility for integration with a pair of Audience Audio 1+1, crossover-free, bipolar monitors with bipolar, side firing...
  7. S

Recomendation for desktop DAC/Amp [IEM and full-sized Headphones]

Might I humbly suggest one or more of the offerings from Schiit Audio...a company which cut it's teeth about 8 or 9 years ago creating best bang for one's buck headphone amps. as well as D/A converters...they now manufacture combined D/A - amp combinations starting at approx. $100.00, (U.S.A.)...
  8. S

Review and Measurements of miniDSP SHD DAC, DSP And Streamer

I know I am coming rather late to this game/thread...however, I am a "mature" audiophile...who has been indulging in this art and science for 30+ years...and would like to venture into the digital signal processing universe in the reasonably near future...(before my hearing acuity deteriorates...
Top Bottom