Search results

1. srkbear

An amusing Rationalwiki “Audio Woo” article.

Stumbled across this the other day. Rationalwiki has a hodgepodge of aims (some more appetizing than others) but one in particular is stomping relentlessly over pseudoscience or “woo” of any kind. Whodathunk they’d have an audio woo article, but they do! It’s surprisingly detailed. Let me know...
  2. srkbear

There went the last lingering threat of my respect for this outfit…

https://ifi-audio.com/products/supaquasar/
  3. srkbear

Headphone tuning primer?

Given how much emphasis compliance with the Harman target seems to have on favorable reviews, does anyone know of a resource that explains what factors influence the tuning of a particular (wired) headphone? I’m conversant in the basics of how driver types reproduce certain frequency ranges...
  4. srkbear

Positional motorboating on amp channel—help?

I own an iFi Pro iCAN Signature amplifier coupled with a Topping D90se DAC. I have the two connected via good quality, balanced XLR cables. I noticed recently that if I stack the two with the amp on top, I’m hearing a low-grade motorboating oscillation on the right channel when the amp is in...
  5. srkbear

New physical media format, “archival” quality?

Not sure what to make of this, but it oughta confuse the hell out of those ensconced in the “Vinyl vs Digital” wars… https://www.whathifi.com/news/theres-a-new-music-format-that-aims-to-deliver-the-pinnacle-of-sound
  6. srkbear

Mini-DSP EARS Rig

Hey folks, Sorry I accidentally posted this in the amp forum and can’t change it. For $249 I don’t expect this measuring rig to work miracles (and I worry about placement accuracy issues). But for those on a budget has anyone tried out this Mini-DSP EARS rig to help guide their headphone...
  7. srkbear

Yulong D11?

I just saw that Yulong just released an upgrade to the DA10 called the DA11, now with ES9038pro instead of an AK4497, and 5 watts of power at 32 ohms instead of 3. It has a 3.5mm single-ended headphone output and both 4.4 pentaconn and XLR “fully balanced” options. They’re purporting a SNR of...
Top Bottom