Search results

1. M

Moderation needs work

Just made a post in an imaging test thread from Erin, go back and its gone. I will be donating to Erin in response to this. Please stop this, you are just creating more divide. Drop the egos for a minute and chill out. Learning about audio is not a competition Amir.
  2. M

What top coat do you guys like?

Need to toss a protective finish on top of these guys, but not sure what to use. I tried some spar urethane on my last speakers, didn't care for it, never really hardened, I guess that's kinda what it does. Can't seem to get a consensus through youtube research as everyone seems to both love...
  3. M

Three way with BMR build

Started a new project, one that I wanted to design myself from start to finish. I have made many kits but this time I wanted to do it all myself as I didn't really learn much from them aside from woodworking skills. I wanted to document the build here and start a hub for the many questions I...
  4. M

Salvage DIY speaker you don't like.

Well a bit of a bummer but I have to say I don't really care for the current pair of DIY speakers I have. I bought and built the Amiga kit from PE and some days they're ok but most days I don't care for them much. I find them quite overly bright and EQ doesn't really fix it. I have two subs...
  5. M

Big ole woofer vs. Stacked vertical array

Looking for some feedback. I'd like to make a bass module for my bookshelf speakers. I'd like use DSP to have them handle ~300-250hz down. Would it be wiser to build something visually similar to the Genelec W371, I.E. a 14-15" woofer just below ear level shooting it all you, or something...
  6. M

Baffle width and crossover mods.

Another potentially silly question for those with more knowledge than I! I've been playing around with baffle widths lately, measuring the effects and listening to various baffle widths by placing panels around some speakers I have made. Some things I've noted so far is that I very much like...
  7. M

Neumann KH150

Well would just look at that. Dat waveguide.
  8. M

Curious about this finish

Been trying to figure out how I want to finish a set of speakers I have, anyone know how to achieve this? Kind of looks like duratex that's been buffed? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/teardown-partial-of-rel-quake-subwoofer.22539/
  9. M

What's a realistic expectation for bass performance?

So I've got all the ingredients, two neutral mains, two subs, dsp for them all, a decent selection of porous absorbers up to 6 inches thick, two 4' tall triangle shaped corner traps. It's all in a 15-16'x20+ ft room (the back wall isn't really there, it goes into other rooms. I am super happy...
  10. M

Passive Hipass filters.

Howdy folks, had a quick question. I'm in the market for a low cost solution to split the signals from my subs to mains. I've kinda ruled out the minidsp hd because I owned one previously and it kind of degraded the sound so I got rid of it. My subs have no problem with their own filters...
  11. M

Classix II Measurements + Review

Nothing too crazy here, just some outdoor measurements of the Classix II DIY speakers since there really aren't any out there. Speaker was way up on a ladder, about 10ft, well away from any other boundaries. Mic EMM6 without calibration 1m away from baffle, capsule between woofer and tweeter...
  12. M

Can you make a small room sound decent?

Is it possible to make small rooms sound anywhere near decent? I've been trying to get good results in some of my rooms but no dice. I've got an 11'x14' and a 12'x13' rooms and man, I cannot get anything good out of either of them. I've got a good chunk of treatment I can utilize but it never...
  13. M

Silly question about my living room and kitchen.

I thought this was the perfect place to ask this. One thing I've noticed about my house that frustrates me, is how sound from my living room to my kitchen and vice versa, just drops like a rock once it passes the doorway separating the two. Love to play music in the living room nice and...
  14. M

FS: Genelec 8030c

Just haven't really gelled with these speakers. Purchased from sweetwater, build date of feb 2021. Shipping in original boxes to the U.S. They sat on a desk, and then some stands, somewhere in between one speaker got two scrapes. The other is perfect. Looking for $1300 shipped.
Top Bottom