Search results

1. Q

Current list of best measured headphones

Ah, so I might not gain much from moving to the Topping or Matrix Element X?
  2. Q

I've heard that viewpoint. I'll say that when I was using my Schiit Lyr, the warmth of the tube amp when I was listening to jazz was just lovely. It might not be as "accurate" but the warmth was really incredible. I think it has its place. Currently, I'm using my RME UFX+ as my DAC. Problem...
  3. Q

Wonderful. These things sound even better than before. I think I'll focus my upgrade on a new DAC and a top of the line tube amp. Thanks again everyone!
  4. Q

Awesome, I think I got it now. The x and y-axes are different scales, but the shape and numbers seem to lineup with the .pdf. I guess the only hazy part for me was the low and high shelf. I'm assuming I was supposed to pick the ones with Q as slope?
  5. Q

You're absolutely right according to this .pdf https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsp3jucy5lsty0m/Sennheiser%20HD800S.pdf?dl=0 There's BW column. Do you know what this corresponds to within Peace?
  6. Q

I tried to enter oratory manually into Peace. I'm noticing that the gain values keep rounding up or down so they aren't precisely the same. Do you happen to use Peace? Any advice. Thanks! (Still learning)
  7. Q

Any sense of whether that 74 score is surpassed by other headphones with or without EQ?
  8. Q

Thanks, I'll roll with oratory.
  9. Q

I'm experimenting with a few from here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/amp-good-enough-for-my-new-headphone-hd800s.27661/#post-961342 Specifically, the # oratory1990 Harman over-ear 2018 and this one from @amirm # Custom #Preamp: -7 dB #Filter: ON LSC Fc 100 Hz...
  10. Q

Hello, Love this site. Just love it. I'm looking to upgrade everything for Christmas and so far, from what I've gathered, the Matrix Element X and X Sabre are measured as top level DACs. I'll probably buy the Element X. I currently have Sennheiser HD800s headphones and with EQ they seem to...
  11. Q

AMP good enough for my new headphone (HD800S)

Which headphones, overall, follow the curve the longest regardless of price?
  12. Q

Having some trouble importing into Peace. I copy and pasted some of the profiles into a new txt file in my config folder. I hit import. Either I get a no filter error OR it imports but there's no new .peace file generated and there's no new menu option on the lower left hand side (e.g. Radio...
  13. Q

Any help on how to implement these EQs? What program are you using? Is there an easy way to save your settings and import them? Thanks!!
  14. Q

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

Cool. Sounds like I'll go from my PC/Laptop USB to the X-SABRE 3 using RCA outs to the Feliks Euforia tube amp. If I decide to really splurge and get the Woo Audio WA33 then I can go out from X-SABRE 3's XLRs into the WA33. Should sound lovely, I'm guessing.
  15. Q

Well sir, you are selling it. My Roon never finishes adding all my files and is constantly crashing... I'm hoping to figure that out. It'd be nice to be able to use Roon (even though I can't use it with my seedbox for some reason). That's got me using Plex a lot. Is there any support for Plex...
  16. Q

Nice! Do you think there's a huge advantage for this new version over the older one that's like $1k cheaper? Is it the Roon integration that sets the new one apart?
  17. Q

Was going to pull the trigger on this but there seem to be so many bugs. Have these been fixed? Any update on perceptions of measurements? Further still, what are the main advantages of this model over the older X-Sabre Pro MQA? Is the sound any better on the new one? More inputs? What's the...
Top Bottom