Search results

1. J

March Audio Sointuva AWG Bookshelf Speaker Review by ERIN's Audio Corner

For this listening position you are right: I could probably get away with DSP. Unfortunately, I have a few other listening positions with holes in the frequency response, and I need subs to fill in there.
  2. J

I assume you were referring to my plot above? Actually, yes it's that bad! One speaker is smack in the corner, because it's my living room, and I suffer from constraints. The big peak at 45 Hz is probably two coinciding modes. It's a bit hard to tell, because I have an L-shaped living room, and...
  3. J

FWIW, I can offer two REW sweeps measured at my main listening position. The blue (PMC, L+R) is the L+R curve of my previous speakers, PMC twenty5.24i (no comments, please :-)). The magenta (MA, L+R) is the L+R curve of my Sointuva AWGs. First of all, disregard everything below 200 Hz! I have...
  4. J

I guess the weight will vary depending on the type of wood in the cabinet. I just weighed one of my speakers on my bathroom scale. The number I got was 10.7 kg.
  5. J

According to Spinorama.org it’s 6.6 kg. Strangely enough, it doesn’t seem to be listed anywhere else.
  6. J

First of all they look great - I have the Tasmanian Blackwood finish. I haven’t had the time to sit down and listen properly yet, but first impressions are really good.
  7. J

I recently received a pair of Sointuva AWGs. They were shipped from March Audio 9-10 weeks after I placed the order (depending on how you count). Alan was a bit slow in answering my e-mails, but I got replies in the end. He stated late deliveries of a batch of Purifi drivers and delays from the...
  8. J

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Count me in, if it comes to that. Hats off to Amir for taking this initiative!
  9. J

NAD M33 Streaming Amplifier Review

Yes, could be something like that. I will start the rounds with unravelling this with NAD support, etc., but thought I’d start here. If anyone should have experience with IR repeaters, please share!
  10. J

Did anyone try the IR IN input on the back of the M33 or other NAD units? I just bought a Russound IR repeater (similar to a Xantech, I believe), but I can’t get it to work. I tried to connect with both mono and stereo mini jack cables (3.5 mm). Here is a link to the repeater I’m talking about.
  11. J

Question about amplitude, frequency and energy in an audio signal

Isn't it less, like the thread starter says? The way I read the equal-loudness contours is that a signal at 100 Hz with 70 dB SPL will sound equally loud as a 1000 Hz signal at 50 dB SPL (roughly). Is this interpretation wrong?
  12. J

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

It’s on sale in Norway on Hifiklubben: https://www.hifiklubben.no/nad-m66-forforsterker/nadm66si/ The price is 65.000 NOK (about EUR 5700). Quoted time of delivery is 28 May.
  13. J

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

The M66 is live now: https://nadelectronics.com/product/m66-bluos-streaming-dac-preamplifier/
  14. J

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

What is the Klippel NFS (Near Field Scanner)?
  15. J

What is the Schroeder frequency? What is a Spinorama? How do you compute the Olive score for loudspeakers from a Spinorama?
  16. J

- Which smoothing and other settings should I use for showing plots in REW?
  17. J

Room modes

Interesting thread! I have been thinking about filling in dips in the frequency response. I agree that this is something one should usually avoid. However, I speculate that this could work under some specific conditions: The null must be caused by the positioning of the speaker or sub - as...
  18. J

Dirac Live standalone for PC and Mac

The file server at Dirac seems to be down (with changelogs and user guides). I have been trying to connect for several days now. Is it just me? @Flak do you know anything about this?
  19. J

Yes, this works! Only difference is I used «copy» instead of «punch throuh». Thanks again, @pogo!
Top Bottom