Search results

1. S

Favor: Can you help me interpret power measurements?

I've been frequenting this site and other that are similar for awhile now. For the most part I have a basic understanding of the measurements. But one of thing I rely on Amir for is interpreting the power of a device in milliwatts or watts from a graph like this. Can anyone help me interpret the...
  2. S

New two chip solution by AKM

https://www.akm.com/us/en/about-us/news/2022/20220908-ak4499exak4191/ AK4499EX and AK4191 for a complete separation of digital and analog circuitry. I really want to see this measured now
  3. S

Has the objective of ASR been reached?

Like the title says, has the objective of ASR been reached? Consumers and companies have took notice of the importance of objective performance and I believe it has significantly changed the market. I'd guess as time goes on, the amount of audio companies shooting for objective performance will...
  4. S

Is something going on with L7audiolab?

Usually for measurements I check reviews here and then I sometimes check L7audiolab. But I've noticed a lack of posts over at L7audiolab. Does anyone know if that site no longer being operated, or is this just a hiatus?
  5. S

Efficient headphone with noise cancelling mic

I had a boss ask me at work for a good headphone with noise cancelling mic. I thought the hmd300 by Sennheiser was good but wasn't sure if they wanted an interface. Mostly my boss is looking for a headphone and mic to connect to a computer that will cancel out noise around the office. Thanks for...
  6. S

HD300 pro custom cable XLR?

I wanted a pair of closed backs that are decently neutral, so I purchased these. They sound really great but the only problem is the cable is extremely propriety and extremely short. To the point where trying to get a 3m cable or any other is almost impossible. I found an ebay seller who takes...
  7. S

Custom hd 300 pro cable?

Does anyone know where I can buy a custom hd 300 pro cable?
  8. S

Thoughts on Sonarworks?

I just found sonarworks and it seems to work really well with my hd6xx but not as much for my focal clear. The6xx sounds better than the clear outright with EQ. Focal clear sounds better than the 6xx without EQ though. What are your thoughts on Sonarworks?
  9. S

Why do Integrated devices measure so poorly?

Like the title says, why do integrated dac/amps measure so poorly?
  10. S

Window's Sample Rate

What should I set sample rate within windows OS? I always set it to 44100 because that's the most common sample rate. I noticed j test is much different between 44100 and 48000.
  11. S

dx3 pro plus, wrong power supply (european)

I bought a dx3 pro plus but the power supply that came with it was european instead of US. Can I just buy or use a 15/1a power supply and be fine? The one that came with it says 15v/1000mah Thank you
  12. S

Dx3 pro+ Samsung Optical Out

I'm trying to upgrade my sound system coming from my samsung tv. Has anyone used the dx3pro+ with a samsung TV through an optical connection? Should it work?
  13. S

Does turning up Amp on Active speaker increase distortion?

I have jbl305p active speakers and a benchmark hpa4 that I'm using as a preamp. I'm wondering if the built in amp in the speakers increases the distortion of the output drivers the higher it goes. Would it be better to turn the volume to 100% on the speakers and control volume on the preamp. Or...
  14. S

Are there any negatives to shielded ac cables?

I'm using shielded power cables with all my audio/computer equipment, I bought them before I learned it shouldn't really make a difference. Are there any negatives to using shielded power cables for audio or computer components?
  15. S

cosmos adc, can it measure vrms?

I want to be able to measure how high of a vrms my system is using, will the cosmos work for that? Also, I notice voltage is adjustable on the back, what exactly does changing those do?
  16. S

d90se vrms at -3.5db or -4db

Does anyone have the ability to figure out what the vrms would be on the d90se at -2.5db, -3db, -3.5db and -4db?
  17. S

Can headphones break with small impacts?

Can headphones break with small impacts as opposed to a drop? How careful does one have to be? If I lightly bump a headphone on a wood table can I damaged it? I'm sure this mostly depends on the build quality, but let's assume an average quality headphone
  18. S

D90se + Hpa4 dbu

I'm trying to make sure with my d90se and hpa4 that I don't exceed the dBu of my jbl 305p's (20.3dBu). Can anyone help me figure how how far I can push my hpa4 over 0.0db without going over 20.3dBu? The dac has a vRMS of 5.2 which equates to about 16.54 dBu. But my hpa4 will take that 16.54...
  19. S

What do intersample overs sound like?

I'm just curious if anyone knows what intersample overs are supposed to sound like?
  20. S

Rear facing port distance from wall

Is there a certain distance a rear facing port on a speaker should be from the wall? Thanks for any advice!
Top Bottom