Search results

1. O

AXPONA 2024 - List of companies displaying Purify based amplifiers

I just had a quick look through the exhibitor list. NAD offers Purifi-based amps. Atma-Sphere, Bel Canto, and PS Audio offer class D amps based on proprietary tech. You may want to contact these companies to see what they plan to bring to the show. There may also be other vendors I missed.
  2. O

Two audiophiles walk into a bar... (finish the joke)

Two audiophiles walk into a bar... and order drinks. One audiophile turns to the other and says: "So the guy who designed my DAC trained his hearing to be able to pick out a gnat fart over a jet engine in a listening test." To which the second replies: "Meh, what's the point when it's child's...
  3. O

Two audiophiles walk into a bar... (finish the joke)

Two audiophiles walk into a bar... but leave immediately because the Diana Krall records on the jukebox are not the latest remasters on 200g vinyl.
  4. O

ZMF Caldera Headphone Review

The arrogance on display here is amazing. ZMF is a very successful business with thousands of delighted customers, many of whom apparently do not share the tastes of the almighty "majority" of Harman adherents. You may not approve of ZMF headphones or the sonic preferences of their clientele...
  5. O

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

No, but I took it home and used it for three months before I left a review/rating... :)
  6. O

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

No, it isn't. The standard definition of music incorporates the word "sounds".
  7. O

A Call For Humor!

Not really: 1) missing apostrophe: friend[']s 2) missing indefinite article: [a] college professor 3) missing quotation marks: ["]Merry Christmas["] 4) missing period: figured it out[.] :cool:
  8. O

A Call For Humor!

ATTENTION! THIS IS NOT A GARBAGE CAN. IT IS A GARBAGE SPEAKER.
  9. O

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

I'd argue that the terms compensation and synergy both apply in the example above. Synergy, by dictionary definition, simply means that the combined effect of two agents is "better" than their separate effects. If we define flat frequency response as "better", then the imperfect turntable and...
  10. O

Grid Storage Systems for Renewable Energy - Technology and Projects (No Politics)

Oh, really? Did all of engineers and scientists who worked on it go to private universities? Did they travel on private roads to get to their places of employment, and use private airports to fly to conferences? I'm not interested in debating how the Internet might look today without any...
  11. O

Grid Storage Systems for Renewable Energy - Technology and Projects (No Politics)

It surely would have taken longer to manifest and would very likely have been poorer in quality/reliability. You seem to be arguing against all taxation and government spending as "making society poorer". Do you think we'd have landed on the moon sooner without government involvement? I could...
  12. O

Do you realize that the Internet and world wide web were born out of research subsidized by the US (and other) government(s)? Feel free to prosecute your argument that "subsidies [...] on balance make society poorer" in that context.
  13. O

A Call For Humor!

Is that what they call a shit list?
  14. O

NAD M23 Stereo Amplifier Review

NAD M23 Standby Power Specified @ <0.5W
  15. O

NAD M23 Idle Power Measured @ 22W
  16. O

New units are currently available on eBay for $3400 with free shipping in the US. FWIW.
  17. O

The M23 does have a 3-position gain switch. Stereo mode: 19dB (low), 23.9dB (mid), 29.2 (high).
  18. O

A Call For Humor!

Some people have a way with words. Other people........... not have way. -Steve Martin
  19. O

Do you need linear power supply for DACs?

You're conflating the (entirely legitimate) art and science of winemaking with the behaviors of a (wealthy) segment of wine drinkers who are more interested in status or investment returns than the actual quality of what's in the bottle. Likewise, the science and engineering required to design...
  20. O

What does it take to succesfully transition to a green energy economy?

If there are some "seriously excellent" wines being made in NY state, I didn't encounter them on a two-day tour around Long Island. I may explore other regions there in the future, if the opportunity arises. There are CA wines that run the entire spectrum of extraction and ripeness. My wife and...
Top Bottom