Search results

1. C

USB output for a Wiim streamer

Don't you people miss having an USB output on Wiim streamers to link your external DAC to? Perhaps Wiim is considering adding one? It's the only thing that stops me from buying a Wiim streamer.
  2. C

Class D integrated amp

I don't know what has happened with the common combination of power amplifier with input selectors? Have they vanished? I need a small, affordable Class D power amp, that I can select if I feed from my PC or my laptop on my desk. Is there a solution you might suggest that comes in the same box?
  3. C

Best DAC for less than $100?

Can you recommend the best DACs selling for less than $100?
  4. C

TPA3255 integrated amp

I have been looking for some time for a small amp to replace the one I use on my computer desk, and I haven't found it yet. It has to be affordable, well less than $200 and not too large. The chip of choice seems to be the reliable TPA3255, but it needs to have a very important capability: input...
  5. C

HDMI multinchannel DAC

Have you tested this multichannel DAC that can be used to improve a receiver, using it as a digital preamp? https://www.essenceelectrostatic.com/product/evolve-ii-4k-hdmi-v2-0b-multi-channel-dac/
  6. C

Best DAC headphone dongles with Bluetooth

I'm looking for affordable, portable DAC headphone amps with BT option. What are the amps you would recommend? On my short list, for now, there's only the FiiO BTR5 (not tested yet in ASR) and Qudelix-5K. Are there others in their price range that deserve considering? My next limitation is...
  7. C

Computer USB interface

I'm curious about this USB audio interface...
  8. C

High quality ADC box

This year I should be capturing all LP collection to digital. Last year I did capture my first LP using a Behringer UCA202, but this time I want higher bit rate and oversampling. For now I should be using a Tascam DR-70D, which can record up to 24/96, which is quite good. But going up to...
  9. C

DAC for laptop

Yesterday I found this DAC on Aliexpress...
  10. C

USB high-speed isolators comparison tests

Will we have a test comparing several USB high speed isolators that includes more affordable units? The only one I could find is the one comparing the Intona to the Regen, and neither is quite affordable, in the sense that they cost close to a Topping D50. As there have been issues about low...
  11. C

Hardware Teardown of Topping D50 DAC

Is there going to be one?
Top Bottom