Search results

1. A

class D Amp recomendation for ELAC DBR62, under 300$

I have the NC 250 with my DBRs and have comfortably driven them up to about 98 db without breaking too much of a sweat. In most conditions the 500 may be overkill (unless budget is not a constraint).
  2. A

Yet another Elac Debut reference thread!

Thanks @Steve Dallas @StevenEleven for those helpful suggestions & reflections. I've been experimenting more with light peq filters for lower spl listening but with patience & brain burn in realised that at least for me apart from some minor modal corrections below 100Hz these Elacs sound simply...
  3. A

Understanding Audio Frequency Response & Psychoacoustics (Video)

I stumbled onto the thread after watching the video (which at first I thought was a real gem). 126 posts in I'm still confused from the perspective of a relative newbie who is trying to learn more about this field. There seems to a slightly heavier leaning towards the view (based on presented...
  4. A

Solving Bass Nulls with DSP or not ?

Thanks @FeddyLost & @Dumdum - a lot of what you've suggested unfortunately goes a bit beyond my current understanding and resources. I have some more reading to do I guess when time permits & then revisit your suggestions. Thanks again.
  5. A

These are great results! I don't have the luxury of adding 2 subs but adding one should help I suppose. Interestingly, the null significantly reduces if I stand up & listen - my hypothesis is that changing speaker height may also help at least move my nulls further up the frequency range. Onward...
  6. A

Some interesting comments. I stumbled here after fighting my own demons (bass nulls). I have a massive dip (measured) in my room at/around LP from 70-95 Hz. Since I can't fill these with eq, and moving speakers/position is not an option - the only solution seems to be adding sub(s). Question...
  7. A

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

If you've had a chance to listen in the exact same setting with all else being equal, what aspect of the sound was altered using tubes vs a solid state amp/preamp?
  8. A

Nearly 4 months after starting this thread (and about 6 months of owning the 62s) I have gotten accustomed to their sound signature & absolutely love them! I added no sub (as integration is too much effort in my case) or any new gear. While I did experiment with some of the very nice PEQs on...
  9. A

I even had the chance to listen to my pair on a lowly Marantz PM5005 and they still sounded amazing in an untreated room with no sub. I just love these speakers.
  10. A

After spending a few days with this eq I'm really enjoying the small but noticeable difference especially for lower volume listening. Subjective impressions (not measured with umik) as follows: - Highs are ever so slightly "crisper" without being harsh - The mids are brought forward a tad bit -...
  11. A

Impressions and internal photos of the Audiophonics MPA-S250NC

To answer my own question - audibly there should be no "improvement" of using the dual mono HPA vs the stereo MPA so may as well save some dough if I do down this route. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/ncore-dual-mono-or-stereo.9755/
  12. A

Even though I don't really need a new amp for my Elac Dbr 62s I'm still considering the MPA-S250NC out of sheer curiosity to try out a Hypex class D which would replace my custom built class AB dual mono power amp rated at 200 wpc @ 8ohms. Question: Will the HPA (dual mono) of the same product...
  13. A

It takes a whole lot of courage to admit to oneself about pre-conceived notions/impressions on things. Even more so to do it openly on a forum. Respect.
  14. A

As a follow up to my own question, some very helpful suggestions and further experimentation: - Perceived lack of dynamics at low volumes, say <60db may be attributed to the Fletcher Munson curve - This slight dullness at low volumes is in the nature of "flatter/more neutral" speakers like the...
  15. A

Thanks, I've seen this one tagged earlier as well and have tried it. Just wondering then if there is no way to equate the higher Q factor peq from APO to something more limited like in moode (0-8)?
  16. A

Thanks for sharing. I'm really enjoying my 62s and now starting to experiment with eq. Can someone please explain how to translate these filters from apo to something that moode offers where Q range is 0-8 please? And what should overall gain be set at to avoid clipping?
  17. A

Some good points. I've spent a lot of time and effort in optimizing placement so I believe I have that covered. I'm working on the peq option and will report back.
  18. A

Would the q-values here refer to a scale of 0-10? e.g. Filter 1: ON PK Fc 173 Hz Gain -1.30 dB Q 1.69 Asking as Moode for instance does q from 0-8 (in which case i'd have to re-calculate if I'm not mistaken?)
  19. A

Thanks all for the responses so far. 1) Sub - I've had several other similarly sized speakers from Wharfedale, Monitor Audio etc in the same room. Never felt them lacking even at lower volumes and in fact have used them in much larger rooms as well. This is still a maybe for me especially...
  20. A

Hi all - noob here and this is my first thread on ASR so please be gentle :) Mods, if this needs to be merged with another thread please fire away. So, after all the research I took the DBR 62 plunge. These are setup in my partially treated living room which measures about 12X20 feet with a 9ft...
Top Bottom