Search results

1. G

Question about debunking of myth that higher sampling rate increases time accuracy

I think this is a fine explanation and puts many current debates to rest. I have been 'aware' of the digi/anal debate for over a couple of decades... Then came all the up-sampling noise. But for me the only thing that really mattered was content. ...And a philosophically OK pair of headphones...
  2. G

What are we listening to right now..

Just found this in my nook/cranny. Forgot what a stonking track Dunderdogs is. Stand Back !
  3. G

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

Sigh. I am Not an Audiophile Expert/Engineer nor Rich. I have real decent sound and a new Topping e30; thanks to Amir. I like Frank and Dweezil. I like watching Paul of PS... and I made a mistake of posting Amir's DAC chart there; in the Ask Paul realm. Well... I don't think there is a drug or...
  4. G

I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF IT.

I figure that the biggest single difference in sound quality and the rest is to listen to Frank Z. My stereo always sounds better with FZ.
  5. G

Billie Eilish

Once upon a time I did some acid and tried to read 'The Hunting of the Snark'. This was exceedingly difficult because I could only remember six words in a row; so as I got to the end of a line; the beginning of had already evapourated. I had to start over. Until I realised it was the trick...
  6. G

I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF IT.

i was once a cable skeptic also. I had some Straight-wire which at $60 -1/2 price seemed like a good deal. A couple of decades passed and last year I found some PS xStream Statement cables at the re-use-it for $50 bucks. They are pythons to manage but as soon as I heard them I heard MORE. Space...
  7. G

Prince rises from the dead.

Holy Smoke. See how hard it is to find new music ? I sent this to Tidal some time ago: WTF is going on with Music. ' I AM Dancing to The White Zone is for loading and unloading only..." ( and you'd better Know this reference ) As you can see from my listening history I am going backwards. I grew...
  8. G

Let's play music poker... who ya' got ?
  9. G

Finally I get to post something that is not another bummer. 'Welcome 2 America' A First o' previously unreleased, posthumous; from the American musician 'formerly known as Prince'. It was apparently a newsy item back in April. If i was a reviewer I would say: While it is not 'xactly...
  10. G

yet More Topping E30.. but more... peregrinated...

I am old. Old and probably uninformed. I think buying stereo is much easier than finding new music that is worth my time. For what that is worth; probably because I am not wealthy enough to have sifted the snake-oil, nor an engineer to have tested it; nor geeky enough to even really know 'The...
Top Bottom