Search results

1. Exprymer

EVE audio SC208 Problem

Hello all, I have aquired a pair of second hand EVE audio SC208 which are behaving erratically. One of them have Flickering LEDs on startup but eventually works (until i restart it). The other one is dead. I'm pretty sure is due to the power supply. The only fix i had is from this guy that...
  2. Exprymer

DiY Measurement Mic Inputs

Hello guys, Hope you are all doing well! I have the intention to build a DiY Measurement Mic. Using parts of the Electronics i've used in previous projects. My main problem now is how to interface the analog readings with REW. How to insert the digital data using USB using STM32, for...
  3. Exprymer

Avantone Pro MixCube Monitor Review

Nice to see this speaker here. It really is an wonderful tool in studio. Considering the beaming, it almost guarantee a clean direct sound from speaker to ear even in very small rooms on the upper midrange. The usual position on studio is on the studio desk which offer a natural low end...
  4. Exprymer

Sennheiser HD660S Review (Headphone)

Is it only my opinion or the AKG k371 it's better in all regards except for maybe material and construction?
  5. Exprymer

KEF Reference 4C Review (Center Speaker)

I See. I'm not familiar with the prices indeed when it comes to home cinema or Theaters. It seems that it does really adds up quite fast when dealing with such environments or any Atmos envirnonment. I see people building such rooms with Genelecs all over the place, must be heaven!
  6. Exprymer

Crazy. Maybe they aimed to the non domestical cinema environment, which could accept this price.
  7. Exprymer

I will allow myself to display some ignorance now and ask: what is the main purpose of these types of speakers? Home cinema? 7500US for that is insanity. I don't see people buying it in pairs for music reproduction..
  8. Exprymer

JBL 4305p

From what I've read, then linkwitz transform can only be used with a closed box.
  9. Exprymer

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Someday, guys. Someday I will have a pair of these bad boys. The pinnacle of acoustics technology right there.
  10. Exprymer

Audio Interface + Topping E50/L50

Lovely, thanks guys. I also wonder, being only listened to the DAC of the interface itself. Would the upgrade be night and day? I'd love to have more reviews of audio Interfaces here.
  11. Exprymer

It does have a SPDIF Output. Would that bypass the DAC stage?
  12. Exprymer

Hello, I currently own a Native Instruments Komplete 6 audio interface and i was wondering if i could use the Combo E50/L50 together with the interface to upgrade my sound output. Is that a possibility? Which connections would have to be made to bypass the DAC of the KA6?
  13. Exprymer

IEMs equalized to Harman IE target sound total different from AKG K371 ,or any other over the ears Headphones EQ to Harman OE target.

Yes, that's the QC part of the issue. When I bought my akg k371 I bought them expecting they sound as close as possible to the sample amir reviewed or as the sample people used to measure and generate a correction IR. In my case, the IR does really seem to balance it out, but how is the response...
  14. Exprymer

IEMs equalized to Harman IE target sound total different from AKG K371 ,or any other over the ears Headphones EQ to Harman OE target.

Yes, I have had this experience too. I KZ ZS10 I own when equalized to the Harman Target via the Wavelet app sounds a lot brighter than the k371. Could be a lot of factors, from QC to how our ears behave.
  15. Exprymer

AKG K371 Review (closed back headphone)

I bought an K371 Considering this Review and how high it was on the Auto EQ Ranking. I couldn't be happier. This thing sounds 200 US more expensive or more. The QC must be the only downside to this. The best thing in my opinion is that looking at the distortion Graphs, most Headphones have...
  16. Exprymer

Cabinet ressonance on JBL LSR 305

Yeah man, the Back Screws should be tightened indeed. Try to play a song that you know that causes these types of noises or even a oscillator, and with the sinewave going on try to loose the screws a little bit, but put your finger on the plastic parts around the driver first to make sure it's...
  17. Exprymer

Cabinet ressonance on JBL LSR 305

Hello, guys, I've been hearing the ~240hz ressonance on this LSR305 MK1 cabinet for years now and today i found the culprit. Turns out it's not the cabinet, but the plastic holder around the speaker that vibrates. Method of testing: I pick up an oscilator from the DAW and swept the frequency...
  18. Exprymer

Electronics/Acoustics project ideas for Thesis

That was my thoughts exactly, the servos i've seen were not reliable enough for >60hz. The heat issues is another problem indeed. But on active absorption i don't really think Xmax will be a major factor.
  19. Exprymer

I Reside in Brazil, at the moment. Makes things quite difficult haha
  20. Exprymer

That's quite interesting actually. I didn't know of the use of servos for sub design. In my mind they were not as fast. This could be useful for the Active Absorption unit, which i can use the servo to excite a membrane in order to mitigate que pressure. Thanks for you contribution! It's my...
Top Bottom