• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Interface + Topping E50/L50

Exprymer

Hello,
I currently own a Native Instruments Komplete 6 audio interface and i was wondering if i could use the Combo E50/L50 together with the interface to upgrade my sound output. Is that a possibility? Which connections would have to be made to bypass the DAC of the KA6?

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello,
I currently own a Native Instruments Komplete 6 audio interface and i was wondering if i could use the Combo E50/L50 together with the interface to upgrade my sound output. Is that a possibility? Which connections would have to be made to bypass the DAC of the KA6?
Does your interface have a digital output?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It does have a SPDIF Output. Would that bypass the DAC stage?
Yes, just connect the SPDIF digital out from the interface into the SPDIF digital in of the DAC.
I used to run this with my Focusrite 6i6 2nd gen into my dedicated DAC and amp too.

OP
Exprymer

Exprymer

Lovely, thanks guys.
I also wonder, being only listened to the DAC of the interface itself. Would the upgrade be night and day? I'd love to have more reviews of audio Interfaces here.

daftcombo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Lovely, thanks guys.
I also wonder, being only listened to the DAC of the interface itself. Would the upgrade be night and day? I'd love to have more reviews of audio Interfaces here.
I haven't used that interface, but the difference will definitely not be "night and day". I'd say subtle, at best.
FWIW, I cannot hear any difference between my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen and my Topping E30.

andivax

Forum Donor
RME UFX II headphones output sounds much better than Topping L50.
Balanced connection. RME Line Outputs is +24

Top Bottom