Search results

1. khark

Measurements of Switches - Is this worthy of a proper response in the form of a YouTube Video of Amir for example???

It's true that the price is too low for this to gain any traction with the serious audiophile crowd - it won't be talked much in Whatsbest that's for sure. But you can always add the external Gustard C18 clock for 1,599 credits (matching Gustard BNC cable sold separately for 179 credits)
  2. khark

Do USB Audio Cables Make A Difference?

I taped my pet ferret on a usb cable and it was very angry, not to mention it didn't anything for the sound
  3. khark

Do 6.3mm headphone adapters make a difference?

Rhodium is an acquired taste. Like truffles. Too bright and fatiguing for some.
  4. khark

Denafrips ARES II USB R2R DAC Review

Veri, you know you weren't made for that Topping life. We have R2R, tubes and Furutech plugs. Sometimes all in the same device! And so much more! Come and join us. Come and join the Dark Side.
  5. khark

Deep down you guys want to hear something like the Ares II and you are afraid that you might like it lol
  6. khark

No, you are looking for extension here. If someone complains of a "bass-light" component (DAC or whatever), then there should be an accompanying loss of audibility at the lower end of the spectrum. If you can still hear 20Hz (assuming full-range transducer), then everything is fine. It's a...
  7. khark

Audibility is good enough here, there doesn't need to be more rigor than that.
  8. khark

It's very easy to check with a Youtube frequency sweep if you think that there any bass differences between components .
  9. khark

Goldensound and his golden ears...

You guys are just jealous of his British accent
  10. khark

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

This isn't really a marketing claim though, they don't actually mention in that article any super special Neumann topology in order to promote their products. It is just a general statement on what should be considered important. If anything, it isn't helpful from a marketing perspective, since...
  11. khark

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Neumann? I think you are taking it too far. They are not exactly the kind of manufacturer who needs to make stuff up for marketing purposes, their product measurements speak for themselves. Sometimes one need to be more respectful to the accomplished people in the industry and their views.
  12. khark

I didn't expect them to cite any public litterature or their own internal research. Still, it's the word of a manufacturer of which their products measure and perform exceptionally well.
  13. khark

This is taken from Neumann's site, arguably experts in what they do. The thesis that just FR/Distortion measurements doesn't show us the whole picture is something a lot of people would be inclined to agree based on experience. Where does that leave us though?
  14. khark

Monitors up to 700 euros

Never heard the LYD5, but a friend has the exact same combo (LYD5/ATH-M50) for some years and is very happy with them. Sounds like a good recommendation.
  15. khark

Monitors up to 700 euros

Wow, it seems such a weird issue. Are you from Sweden too like the other people who had this problem? Would refund them and move on to other speakers or try the voltage converter trick described in the thread if you still want to give them a chance.
  16. khark

Monitors up to 700 euros

I can only hear a very slight hiss from them that is only detectable from about 20cms from my ears and even then it is not really annoying (had to check right now). It seems to me that it is possibly a signal chain problem, more specifically a ground loop :( You may need to get that balanced DAC...
  17. khark

Home office audio system

It is absolutely not a gimmick and a major plus in my book. There is a lot written here in the site about Adam speakers and how they are not for everyone, because of their AMT tweeters.
Top Bottom