Search results

1. N

How to choose cables ?

I seem to remember an article from decades ago where a British manufacturer were demoing at an audio show and the journalist noticed they were using armoured power cable to connect their speakers (like you’d use for a garden strimmer or lawnmower). I’ve tired to google this but have drawn a...
  2. N

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

I could, but then I’d still have to remember which rocker switch did what! id like to see just one rocker for volume up and down, a button for Bluetooth pairing / power, and one (or three) buttons for play/pause, rewind and forward
  3. N

The one change I would like to see is in the physical controls. having two near identical rocker switches means I can never remember which one is for power on/off, what is the volume etc.
  4. N

Recommendation for ANC Headphones

I have heard that the AirPod pro 2’s have a better fit, but don’t have any personal experience. Regarding getting a good seal, it used to be said that you pull up and out on your ear as you inserted.
  5. N

Recommendation for ANC Headphones

Ive got a pair of Bose 700 and they reduce tv noise and conversations but not to zero. I have also tried a pair of Sony xm3’s which were broadly similar ANC (but less comfortable and worse mic) and a pair of plantromics backbeat pro which were significantly weaker ANC. I tested them while using...
  6. N

Resleeving iem cable

Fortunately its only the outer sleeve that is damaged and only below the splitter. Although it seems in good condition initially, when I coil it up the outer sleeve splits revealing the inner wires. hopefully I can replace the outer sleeve without having to cut either end.
  7. N

Resleeving iem cable

I recently purchased a used pair of Phonak Audeo PFE 232 iem’s. They have had a replacement cable fitted at some point, but the sleeve is now splitting in places, exposing the inner cables. I’ve looked at using a heat shrink cable, but the ends that attach to the earpiece are approx 7mm or...
  8. N

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Re etymotics. Hifiheadphones often do reasonable discounts https://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/collections/open-box-refurbished-ex-demo?page=1&rb_vendor=Etymotic
  9. N

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Just picked up a pair of Phonak Audeo PFE 232 for relatively bargain price on eBay. Have to say they are sounding very, very nice!
  10. N

HD600 Qudelix custom cable

At least 3 furlongs... Digging more I have found these on Aliexpress:- https://www.aliexpress.com/store/911055122/search?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_allProduct.8148362.8.4b25427erMsd1q&SearchText=hd600&origin=n&SortType=price_desc Or...
  11. N

HD600 Qudelix custom cable

Hi all, I have a Qudelix with HD600 and looking for some advice on replacing the cable. The standard cable is about half a mile long, and along with the 3.5mm adapter is quite heavy and cumbersome. I'd like to make the headphones feel wireless, perhaps velcro'ing or cable tying the Qudelix to...
  12. N

Which Sennheiser is best for FPS Gaming

+1 for this. I spent a 'lost' year on COD around 2010 - so much time I got in the top 200 on the leaderboards... I used reasonable open back headphones that were in no way built for gaming. Exact positioning doesn't come from audio. The good players run and gun, rarely 'camp' where you may...
  13. N

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Sennheiser UK have 50% off today. Details here:- https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/50-percent-off-sennheiser-headphones-via-unidays-app-3835769
  14. N

Ps. is there an auto off setting on the Qudelix? Seems a curious absence if there isn’t.
  15. N

Thanks abdo. I am trying to understand how the -8.5 figure is derived. The two low shelf filters when combined with the preamp put the line on the peq graph close to zero. however, the built in eq settings (eg bass booster) use no preamp and use a 5db gain. why don’t the built in eq use a...
  16. N

So have been playing round with the unit and have found that the EQ settings in the HD650 thread (this post) make the output very quiet. Changing the preamp to 0 improves things, and increasing to +5 is too loud for me. Is the reason for the -8.5dB to avoid distortion when driving the headphones...
  17. N

Ive just received my Qudeliz and surprised that the max volume is not that much different to the apple usb dongle. I understand that balanced output will give more power. so what balanced leads to people recommend for Sennheiser HD650? Ive found the following that I can get to the UK These are...
  18. N

Looking for recommendations on a portable dac/amp for Hd650’s

Given im late 40's with tinnitus, I find it impossible to tell the difference between 320kp/s mp3 and flac, indeed i oftener find it difficult to tell the difference between 128 and flac (feels like im admitting a disability!) i dont think i will ! What is the technical difference between wired...
  19. N

Looking for recommendations on a portable dac/amp for Hd650’s

So i finally have my new (used!) HD650's. Managed to get them cheaper than expected, so have a couple more £'s to spend on an amp / dac. I have the apple usb-c and lightning dac's, they probably give between 70 and 100% of the volume i need, dependent on track and mood. While reading on this...
  20. N

Got replacement L30, destroy the old L30 ?

Bugger. I found one cheap locally but the serial is 2011626110. are there any mods that can be made to make them ‘safe’?
Top Bottom