Search results

1. danielmiessler

Optimizing a Genelec / NAD / DIRAC / JTR Setup

Writing to celebrate a near-endgame setup (at least for me), and to ask for help with optimization. Setup: 3 x Genelec 8351B Left, Center, Right 2 x Genelec W371A Lef and Right Woofer Towers 2 x Genelec 7360A Left and Right Subs (10") 1 x JTR RS1 Center Sub (18") 2 x Genelec 8341A Surrounds 2...
  2. danielmiessler

Dead Bass Spot in Middle of Square Room

Hey all, I have a pair of Genelec 8361As and a 15" Genelec Smart Sub in my Studio/Office. My room is like 12 x 12, and mostly square (minus a door and a closet). I've been trying to get more bass from various speakers, including these Genelecs in my listening position, but nothing is...
  3. danielmiessler

What Receiver for an All-Digital Genelec Hi-Fi System?

Hey all, I was talking about Genelec active monitors several months back and finally built out my system. I have 2 woofer towers, two 8351Bs, and two active subs—all calibrated to work together using GLM. My current receiver is the Marantz SR6014 9.2 channel which I guess is ok, but I just...
  4. danielmiessler

[FS] Focal Stellia Headphones

I am selling my Focal Stellia headphones. Bought them for $4,000, selling them for $2,000. Half. Reason: I've not listened to any of my high-end headphones in months (I think I prefer speakers).
  5. danielmiessler

[FS] Abyss Diana Phi Headphone

I am selling my Abyss Diana Phi headphones. I paid $4000, and I'm selling them for $2000. Half. Reason: I am not listening much to headphones anymore. Happy to give someone a great deal.
  6. danielmiessler

[FS] Abyss 1266 TC (2021 Edition)

I'm selling my Abyss 1266 TC headphones. I paid $5,000 for them, and also bought the $2K Abyss cable, and you get that as well. Total asking price: $3,500, from $7,000. So, half. Reason for Sale: I don't listen to headphones that much anymore.
  7. danielmiessler

High-end Active HiFi vs. Mid-tier Passive HiFi

Hey all, I'm getting ready to build my first real system and have decided to go active instead of passive—largely because of you all here, so thank you. (Btw, you can listen to my recent interview with Amir here). What I'm looking at is the following: 2 x Genelec 8351B Monitors for Highs 2 x...
  8. danielmiessler

JTR Subs for HiFi and Music Primarily

Hey all, I'm looking for some subs to pair with a Genelec active-monitor-based HiFi system. I'm using Genelec 8351B's for left, right, (and center for HT), and am looking to get some really nice subs to go with them. I'm going to be running everything through the Storm MkII processor, which...
  9. danielmiessler

An Interview with Amir on the Unsupervised Learning Podcast, Audiophile Industry Disruptor

Hey all, Amir came on the Unsupervised Learning podcast on Wednesday and the conversation is now available. We talked about: His background His measurement approach The difference between traditional audiophiles and his approach How much different factors affect sound, e.g., recording, gear...
  10. danielmiessler

Applying the Objective/Measurement Approach to Reverse Engineer the Ultimate Listening Experience

I am new to ASR and have two questions—one specific and one general. What quality aspects, if any, within a digital or analog signal, determine the quality of experienced soundstage? Has anyone (mostly to @amirm) taken the cherished components of listening (clarity, stereo image, speaker...
  11. danielmiessler

Using a dCS Bartók DAC and Roon With a Genelec SAM™ System (For Music and Home Theater)

Hey all, ASR newbie here, and I'm SO glad I found you all. I was about to spend like $40K on amps and $20K on speakers, on top of the $15K I already spent on my DAC. And it's taken basically 48 hours for me to realize I should put that amp money into a full Genelec SAM™ setup instead. I'm...
  12. danielmiessler

Amir vs. Abyss: The Battle We Need

Hey all, new user and new almost-audiophile here. I'm a skeptically-distanced fan of Abyss. I love their videos. I like the family. They seem smart, knowledgable, and—most importantly—honest. I'm also somewhat biased since I have their AB 1266 TC headphones, and one of their super-expensive...
Top Bottom