Search results

1. J

Topping Reliability

Considering a new HP amp and dac and I like a lot of what I've reading about the Toppings (specifically the A70/D70). I've been looking at Schitt products as well though I dislike some design choices (power switch in the back) and prefer the look (as I don't expect there to be an observable...
  2. J

Subwoofer Integration Question

My system is currently a 2 channel pre-amp to amp connected via XLR (done to remove a previous hum through rca). My primary listening source is JRiver which I also use for room correction. I want to add a subwoofer and, to avoid possibility of the hum, have that connected via XLR as well. This...
  3. J

Are dual subwoofers necessary for stereo music?

The title is the question. I presently have a pair of Revel 208s in a 11'x23' room. Amp to preamp is via balanced connection. I mention this because subs with xlr inputs tend to cost more than their unbalanced versions. I was looking at the SVS 4000 as it checks two boxes: xlr in/out and built...
  4. J

Metalhead seeking new Headphones

I'm looking to update my current but aging desk system. Currently it consists of a Channel Islands Audio headphone amp, Peachtree Dac-it and Denon D2000 headphones. I've enjoyed it as long as I've had it - about 10 years - but the headphones are looking beat up, the headphone jack is loose and I...
  5. J

REW, A Graph and What It All Means

I tried REW for the first time following a combination of guides. Ultimately, I took a measurement, had REW EQ it and applied what it said to do in JRiver through the parametric EQ. I did this twice. The first time, I took separate measurements for each speaker, averaged out what was found and...
  6. J

Eliminating Speaker Buzz

I am the process (in the sense that I would like to begin making purchases) of building a new stereo system. For the time-being, I am using an Aragon amplifier with an Emotiva XDA-2 as dac/pre. They are connected by rca. In this configuration, I have no buzz issues. However, when I replace the...
Top Bottom