Search results

1. T

Causes of "harsh" sound in speakers (and tweeter material)

Maybe most speakers are more susceptible to distortion from peaks like that, and especially in that region. Also I feel like it can suddenly get sibilant etc, i'm not sure if this is clipping or something else. For both of these songs for example in a lot of system and headphones, I can be...
  2. T

Off the top of my head, the parts in these timestamps. especially if its louder than a certain amount
  3. T

Honestly I should had phrased my OP post better, since its also not only a tweeter thing. From what I have seen I notice uncomfortable sounds or sibilance if you will, when what plays looks like the image below; something thats much louder than the rest, in mid and tweeter frequencies. Maybe...
  4. T

A pro had checked the speaker and it was "up to spec". I also measured it with an iphone, if thats worth anything, and it was pretty much exactly like the hifinews measurement to my surprise. Well, i dont think its an issue of elevated treble or frequency anyways, it doesnt necessarily sound...
  5. T

Indeed most systems sound way harsher above 80-90DB imo
  6. T

Thanks for your detailed reply. I am 25 years old can listen to about 17khz To me they sound bright, especially with the ncore amp I use, with older(muddier) amps it sounded more polite on the highs. These speakers roll off pretty soon actually, so I'm surprised I feel like this towards them...
  7. T

I have the Yamaha NS-1000, and I can hear some harshness from them but I just dont see why. A way I would describe that is as if some peaks get +10db for a split second, if that makes any sense. https://www.hifinews.com/content/yamaha-ns-1000m-loudspeakers-lab-report At this point thats what I...
  8. T

Something else I have thought of is that maybe these tweeters can handle power a lot easier than their woofers, so at higher volumes there is elevated treble? I have no idea if that's a thing generally though. On that note I also want to ask if "trails" in spectral decay plots imply sibilant...
  9. T

One of my biggest issues when listening to different speakers is that a lot sound unbearably harsh(sibilant?) to me, even if they measure flat-ish on the treble. Sometimes its hard or impossible to EQ away for some reason, even if I know where the peak is. This made me think it might be some...
  10. T

Is buying speakers with a small hole in the driver a bad idea?

Any other coaxial recommendations for $500 at most with no subwoofer, besides KEF?
  11. T

I have a later model (which broke down) and I was very happy with it so i looked for something similar. They are bad by normal standards, but they are excellent as desktop speakers and have them only half a meter away from my ear. I'm not sure if multi driver ones will sound ok from such a short...
  12. T

Alright, thanks for your help, Iooks like its not worth it at all so I won't be buying
  13. T

Since shipping and import taxes are involved the price is not that good. I just thought I could tape over or glue it together
  14. T

Seller says he doesn't hear any issues. Even if there are, can it be repaired or is it not worth the risk?
  15. T

Importance of impulse response

Is the group delay in the second pic from the reflections?
  16. T

Has any company tried to make an active single driver speaker, that utilizes EQ to somewhat fix its issues etc?
  17. T

I'm still pretty confused by this stuff, but from what I understand, a single driver speaker doesn't have these problems?
  18. T

Isn't it possible to somewhat eliminate the delay by bringing the subwoofer closer?
  19. T

Is 80hz crossover too high or too low?
Top Bottom