Search results

1. T

Minidsp Flex or SHD

I’m thinking about swapping out my vintage Mac preamp for something with room correction. The flex or shd seem like good options. It’s just two full range towers for music only. Streaming is playing from my iPad presently into a topping D10 then the Mac. The iPad could feed the flex or I could...
  2. T

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

So you think they they went to the trouble to note a measurable difference when using a certain configuration, and that their engineers knowing there’s more than one way to make said cable didn’t try it the other way?
  3. T

Right. So for someone like me to has a balanced in on my power amp coming from the flex outputs but an rca phono preamp our going into the flex inputs, I would assume this point that I need to buy the unbalanced version
  4. T

They sell trs to xlr cables as part of their pail packages. I would assume that they would have tried all possible incarnations to make it work
  5. T

So interesting, I was getting ready to order the balanced model and saw this on MiniDSP website. So I guess I need the unbalanced version and get rca to xlr adaptor for the outputs “WARNING: This adaptor(TRS to RCA) is ONLY to be used for the Flex OUTPUTS. We've noticed a performance drop...
  6. T

Can anyone help me with which version of the flex (balanced or unbalanced) to get? I have a digital source for streaming and a phono preamp with standard rca. My amp is balance Purifi inputs that the flex will feed to
  7. T

Jump on F208 deal of stick with Aerial 10T

They’re the best speakers I’ve ever heard. I had the chance to spend numbers of hours with them. I’ve heard some of the $200k+ Wilson’s. $80k dynaudios. Focal Grand Utopias. None of them bested the 20T Michael said the ribbon tweeted was the best tweeter he had ever heard, period. The...
  8. T

I think that’s where I’m at. I’m looking into a minidsp flex. I would like a prettier speaker, but I’m kind of at the point of thinking this could be my lifetime speaker. It would just take a lot to beat it in any significant way. So I may refinish the bass cabinets and order a new pair of...
  9. T

The drivers are all in exceptional shape. When he started Aerial with the 10T Michael Kelly said that one of his objectives when building his speakers were to use “lifetime components”. So from the crossover components and drivers he chose parts that would perform well but have 40 year plus life...
  10. T

My analog input is standard rca phono preamp and analog output is to a balanced purify amp. Which version of the Flex do I get?
  11. T

This is what I’m inclined to think. They play down to 20hz at high volume with low distortion. Response is really quite flat. Even the dispersion is pretty good too about 20-30 degrees. I’m not sure how I can improve much without spending a lot more.
  12. T

A reputable online dealer currently has BStock F208s +an additional 15% off which puts them at about $2500. A very tempting offer. Is there any reason to think they’re an upgrade over my trust Aerial Acoustic 10Ts? Or would I need to go higher up the chain...
  13. T

GUSTARD S16 Streamer

Any word on price?
  14. T

DACS Are A Waste of Money (article)

DACs are necessary to play your digital music through a conventional speaker. Prove me wrong
  15. T

GUSTARD S16 Streamer

Anyone hear anything new on this? Been scouring the web and don’t see anything since this thread really
  16. T

Bi-Amping speakers

bridging with a 4ohm load wouldn’t work though right? I still don’t see how having two amps wouldn’t up the power reserve the same as an amp with twice the wattage
  17. T

Bi-Amping speakers

What if it’s simply to gain more power? For example let’s say you have an 86db 4ohm speaker and a Purifi stereo amp 227 watts at 8ohms. You just want a little more juice for the speakers. What would it cost to get a 300-400 watt amp or comparable perform to that module? Adding a second would be...
  18. T

VTV Purifi 1ET400A updates

For those who might be better with the maths than myself, is the load created by this speaker one that the VTV Purifi will handle well? https://www.stereophile.com/content/aerial-acoustics-10t-loudspeaker-measurements
  19. T

What is your ideal integrated amplifier?

But isn’t the main draw of an “integrated amp” that it combines all or most of your devices into one? If I’m shopping for an integrated as opposed to separates I want to try and get it all in there at that point
  20. T

VTV Purfi + Hypex Amp

Turntable and a Topping E30 into a McIntosh C38 preamp. And no, I haven’t popped the hood. Just hooked it up and started enjoying haha
Top Bottom