Search results

1. C

Fosi Audio BT10A Bluetooth Stereo Amp Review

Don't know about the BT10A, but I returned the BT20A as the sound it gave did not really impress me.
  2. C

Fosi Audio BT20A, is it as good as the reviews on Amazon?

I've just returned a BT20A to Amazon, the sound was not really much better than the cheaper Chinese amp that I was going to replace. I found it was good at low volumes but lacked clarity in the mid-high volumes. Very subjective, I know, so FWIW.
  3. C

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

After a few days of subjective listening, I get the feeling that the Apple DAC is very good, but not quite as 'warm' as the LG G5 WiFi Plus DAC. For me, that's quite a good thing as the LG works better with some smaller speakers that I have. All in all, it's an excellent price and more flexible...
  4. C

Not quite sure what you're aiming for, running both amps at the same time? TBH, for the price of the Apple DAC, it's probably better to get 2 of them if your setup will allow, probably no more than a splitter switch..
  5. C

trying to find dongle DAC with micro usb for tablet

I can confirm that these work. https://www.amazon.co.uk/GeekerChip-Adapter-Pieces-Support-Devices-Black/dp/B08F9S9H4K/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
  6. C

OK, the Apple DAC arrived today & the USB C > Micro adaptors came yesterday so I've connected it all up to my Pi Zero W running Moode. First impressions are that it's an amazing thing for the price, the sound is really good, volume levels are a bit lower than the LG HiFi Plus and the sound is a...
  7. C

trying to find dongle DAC with micro usb for tablet

The LG HiFi plus dongle has good reviews & comes with a USB C to Micro USB cable IIRC.
  8. C

is it good idea to use usb dongle dac with desktop amp?

Apologies, as I may have posted in the wrong part of the forum. Are there any differences in sound quality to be expected when connecting headphone level dongle outputs to an amp that's expecting line level input vs line level into the same amp?
  9. C

Next problem, the Pi Zero has Micro USB connectors & the Apple DAC has USB C so an adaptor cable/plug is needed. I suppose they're all much the same but thought I'd ask in case some are better than others?
  10. C

No problem, I've just bought the Apple dongle from Curry's UK for £7.50 inc delivery. I'd been thinking about what to buy all week and up until I saw this thread, I was going to get an I2S DAC Hat for the Pi Zero. I currently have an LG G5 DAC which I've very happy with and want to set up a...
  11. C

@Ralph_Cramden I saw your earlier post about output formats & I'm tempted to get an Apple dongle for my Zero W. I noticed in that post that you mentioned you've tried other dongles. What was your view on sound quality with the Apple dongle on the Pi Zero, are there any comparisons with an I2S...
  12. C

Headphone Level Inputs? I've been looking at the NS13G & BT20A ads on Amazon. Both show a variety of input devices, but all of them seem to be devices that you'd expect to be headphone out rather than line out (PCs, MP3 players etc), so I'm wondering if these amps are really designed for...
  13. C

It would be great to see a review of the NS13-G (Nobsound is an unfortunate choice of name for the UK, as is the colour, but some paint would sort both problems), and also some kind of comparison with the Fosi BT20A which not only has a better name but also good reviews out side Amazon as well...
  14. C

Fosi Audio BT10A Bluetooth Stereo Amp Review

Does the latest version with Tone controls perform any differently, better /worse?
  15. C

RPi USB vs HAT S/PDIF output

Thanks for the replies. The USB DAC is connected to an amp via a phono cable, so ideally I want line-level out from the DAC as opposed to the headphone-level that my current USB DAC gives. I'm looking for a simple, low cost WiFi based solution. The Pi Xero W handles the streaming from my NAS...
  16. C

I'm using the LG / B&O HiFi Plus USB DAC which has favourable reviews on here & it sounds ok but as mentioned in one of the posts above it's using a headphone amplifier before the phono out & of course it's at headphone level, no surprises there as that's what it's designed for. As the HiFi...
  17. C

Interesting thread. I'm thinking about changing from the USB DAC on my Pi Zero to an I2S DAC on the Pi headers but can't think what/why/if there would be any gain from doing so? One thing that would change is the I2S DAC would be line level, whereas the USB DAC is headphone level. Thoughts &...
  18. C

Review and Measurements of LG G5 Hi-Fi Plus DAC/Amp

I'm a bit late to the party, I bought an afd-1200 a couple of days ago from Amazon UK and am impressed by the sound it makes when streaming from a Raspberry Pi ZeroW into an amp. It would be great if the headphone jack plug-in could be worked around, do you have any details of that mod? Thanks
Top Bottom