• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Fosi Audio BT10A Bluetooth Stereo Amp Review

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I am using this amp and am surprised how well is sounds. I actually connected my Schiit Headphone set up to it. I am currently running a Magni, Modi Dac, Loki EQ, and a Mani phone pre-amp through a SYS. I use a Raspberry Pi running Moode audio going to DAC. I do not use the BT for streaming music. The bass and treble controls are helpful on the Fosi but the additional Loki EQ really helps the lo/hi end roll off of the Fosi. I send this all to a pair of Bose AM5 dual cubes and sub. It is in a small room for near field listening of vinyl and digital. It really makes the Bose finally sound good. Not my ideal setup but good for what I had on hand. Wanted a Schiit Vidar $699 or an Emotiva Basx A-100 $239. Schiit is not in the budget. Emotiva is doable but it seemed to not get a favorable test result here and I am not sure how much better it will make speakers sound with my setup. Class A/B vs D is sure to sound better but do I really need to improve? Thoughts?
Welcome Aboard @Jeephead.

IowAudio

Forum Donor
I sent my Fosi HD-A1 in for testing. It seemed pretty decent in my YouTube review but the measurements are crap. IF your a critical listener I'd stay away from the HD-A1 it's barely capable of resolving a record or cassette tape. Aiyima A07 is cheaper and better.

cancunia

Does the latest version with Tone controls perform any differently, better /worse?

cancunia

Don't know about the BT10A, but I returned the BT20A as the sound it gave did not really impress me.

Toku

Major Contributor
Don't know about the BT10A, but I returned the BT20A as the sound it gave did not really impress me.
The BT10A uses one TPA3116D amplifier chip to output 2ch stereo. The BT20A consists of two TPA3116Ds, one for each of the left and right channels. Therefore, BT20A has twice the output power of BT10A.
Also, the power switch of BT20A is turned on / off with a dedicated toggle switch, but for BT10A, the power is turned on / off by turning the volume knob.
In addition, the BT10A comes with a 19V power adapter and the BT20A comes with a 24V power adapter, which is more powerful.

Top Bottom