Search results

1. S

How much better?

It has its advantages. I like my spot, my wife likes hers. I like it a bit louder, she likes it a bit softer. When she wants to listen she says, "optimize me," and with one click it's done!
  2. S

How much better?

I will check it out. I also think about what I can do from home. I am continually astonished by the power of digital EQ, which I'm just a beginner at. In my same room, which is not large, I have two listening positions. One served by the Fortes, the other by a small pair of monitors combined...
  3. S

How much better?

I'm east coast, so I won't get out there, but there must be something around here. I'm in upstate NY area, but could get to NYC or to Boston if I had to. Just have to think of a title.
  4. S

How much better?

But the large box is a real concern.. not a huge room. But I will mock it up a bit and see what I can manage.
  5. S

How much better?

Of course. I had never thought of that.. never been to an audio show. Kind of forgot they exist! I'm fairly rural.. actually.. very rural, but I could make my way if I had to.
  6. S

How much better?

Right. My listening levels are not that loud! Just learning my way around REW and measurement. I have wondered the same thing about supporting that lower octave.
  7. S

How much better?

Yes. Been thinking that might be a good way to go, although the Forte are not exactly shallow.. I think they bottom out at 38hz. But I have wondered if going lower might help.
  8. S

How much better?

And they're so SMALL! And pricey. Now I just have to find a way to listen to new things. Now that showrooms and stores are a thing of the past.
  9. S

How much better?

Are you thinking of any JBLs in particular? I'm wondering if it isn't the horn sound that's bugging me. Just a little!
  10. S

How much better?

Good questions! The C65 definitely don't have the bottom end of the Fortes. I have them in storage... I should get them out and give them another try. Maybe with a subwoofer I could get that bottom. As for spending, I'm still in the speculating stages, and I'd have to work out the logic of...
  11. S

How much better?

How much better? I am considering getting new speakers, but I wonder: Is it really going to make a difference? In one sense my question is about diminishing returns, but it’s also about speaker design and tonality, and about the power of EQ and room correction. Here’s my situation: for many...
  12. S

Suggestions for an analog tape player with balanced out

If you're willing to consider unbalanced, I have a Sony TCD-5M that I don't use. I was planning to sell it on one site or another but I never get around to it. It was recently in the shop, so it should be just fine. It was, in its day, a really nice pro-deck for field recording. Just be in touch...
  13. S

Ideas? Topping A30 Pro--Mains Hum

Right. I only have that one pair. But the problem is evident in both cables (the hum is only in one channel, the one adjacent to the mains in). But I will get my hands on a different pair!
  14. S

I have tried reseating the connector, but I've not yet tried a different power cable, nor have I tried new interconnects (I only have one pair). I will get after it. Have to be out of town for a few days, but I will test when I return.
  15. S

good question! The issue is that when I'm using phones, the hum is there for others to enjoy!
  16. S

swapping l/r cables shows that the hum occurs only in the channel fed by output adjacent to mains in.
  17. S

Good questions. Inputs/output: XLR in, TRS out. Hum occurs only in one speaker-- whichever speaker is fed from the TRS out adjacent to the mains in. Hum occurs only when A30 is powered on. Hum occurs in all input switch settings, but is slightly louder when switch is set to RCA. Hum is...
  18. S

Hi, I am getting 60hz hum on one channel from the pass-through interconnects on my A30 Pro. The hum is only there when the A30 is on and engaged, and it happens only in the output directly adjacent to the mains input. If I switch the output lines, the hum appears on the other channel, the one...
Top Bottom