Search results

1. Hart

Blueprint Acoustic?

https://blueprintacoustic.com/speakers/ Has anyone heard built/heard one of their speakers? The design and driver layout look somewhat contrary to current wisdom today. Some of the speakers with huge woofers and small midrange drivers look like they might be bass heavy. Also does having...
  2. Hart

2.0 vs. 5.1

Are there many of us who run a system that does both two channel and theater? I wish someone would come up with a really good receiver with powerful cutting edge D class amps. It seems like receivers don't move forward with higher end technology as much as the rest of the industry. The receivers...
  3. Hart

Old vs new speakers

Does anyone have thoughts about how the older flagships like the Aerial Acoustics 10T, or the larger Thiels, for instance hold up against today's offerings? Assuming similar costs and older speakers calculated for inflation.
  4. Hart

What components have you gotten rid of from reading ASR?

Me: Carver 1.0T, Anthem MRX 520.
  5. Hart

Is there a list for golfing panther products?

I think it would be a good idea, all the top reviewed products in one list?
  6. Hart

Co-op designed audio

I am impressed with the caliber of people on this site, people truly look for high fidelity through the haze of marketing. And kudos especially to Amirm. I know this might be a crazy idea but I wonder if we have enough engineers, software designers etc. to build a co-op line of electronics? A...
  7. Hart

Roomy Interconnects

I am sure this has been covered but I love multi thousand dollar 8 gauge speaker wire when the wire in the amp leading to the speaker posts is 18 gauge, and the wire inside the speakers is even less. The wire inside a recent Carver tube amp review looked like bell wire, maybe 22 gauge? As...
  8. Hart

Hav you ever looked at used high end equipment and it looks like someone dragged the unit behind their car on a rope?

So you spend thousands on something, take it out of the box and put it on the rack or shelf. How do people manage to scratch and mangle smoothing so badly? Do people have so much disposable income they can use a $5,000 amp as a step into a kiddie pool? Or something to keep a garage door wedged...
  9. Hart

Vintage Amplifiers

So interesting to see the coveted amplifiers of my youth being tested. Amazed to see how well the NAD 2200 did and shocked at the Carver/Sunfire amps, I thought they would have done a little better. Would love to see the Proton1200 being tested, I always thought it was good looking but gimmicky...
  10. Hart

Is the Emporer wearing any clothes?

I am really curious how the great amps of my time test out, like Krell, Mark Levinson etc. Were they really that great or were the magazine testers hearing the price tag? Or encouraging their ad revenue? I have owned very expensive AVP's in my time, I am disheartened to see a Denon receiver...
  11. Hart

Kef R5 vs Revel F35

Need a bedroom setup, has anyone heard both the Kef R5 and Revel F35 and have an opinion? Thanks.
  12. Hart

Outlaw 976

Like a few others I am also interested to see how the Outlaw 976 does against a field of not so great processors. Shocked to see Arcam, Anthem and other companies that are held in high regard not doing very well. We need an underdog. I will look for a 976 and send it in, so far no luck on the...
  13. Hart

Lexicon LX-5 and LX-7, drop in wattage at four ohms, why?

These are the only amplifiers I know of that tested with less wattage at four ohms than at eight ohms, as per Sound and Vision. They don't even list their four ohm rating, I assume for this reason. It appears to be a well made amplifier, good reviews, what is it about the engineering that caused...
  14. Hart

Sunfire, etc

I just joined and was disappointed to see how my Anthem MRX 520 receiver did in the test. Is this really a case of the emperor not wearing any clothes or is there more to good sound than the testing shows? I used to have a Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Signature amplifier. I would really be...
Top Bottom