Search results

1. J

Help with the different Mogami cables for analogue

Hi I need to connect out of the DAC to the amp and can only use S/PDIF (RCA) connection. Mogami has so many cable like 2534, 2497 and what I have is 2964! Is one better than another sonically? My 2964 cable says "Hi Def 75ohm" which is the same as the digital cable I am using. Should I get...
  2. J

Where do the other watts go? Need basic understanding please

I have 93 db speakers. So at 1 watt I get 93db of SPL/DB sound. So 2 watts = 96 db etc etc My current amp is SPL S1200. Specs state 300 wpc. If I only need to get 2 to 4 watts to the speaker where do all the other watts on the amp go? Why are they needed vs 15 watt amp? Thank you. I love...
  3. J

Turn off or not to turn off?

I searched and read a thread somewhat concerning turning off gear or not and debating tempature norms for best working ability of different equipment. I didn't see a clear answer whether or not it is best for longevity to turn off a DAC, Pre-amp, Amp, Streamer? Does anyone leave one or all of...
  4. J

Reimyo DAP 777 DAC interesting problem fixed??

Hi I am the one that asked for help with the loose (snugish) digital RCA cable. The Reimyo played music without any drops but the light that shows what bit rate is being recieved never went on. I am streaming into the Reimyo with Lumin U2 mini. Most troubling, the Reimyo goes into error with...
  5. J

Jay's Audio Lab and electral outlets

Hi everyone, Jay has been posting on his youtube channel how his system changed (lost highs) when he had outlets from home depot installed. In yesterday's video he is saying that he had audiophile outlets installed which has made his system sound "cold" since his outlets have not been used? He...
  6. J

RCA connector is a loose fit are there options?

Hi I have a digital cable from my streamer to DAC. The RCA end is somewhat loose on the DAC connection. There are no cuts in the RCA connector so hesitant to squeeze it. Wondering if I should buy an RCA to XLR or BNC adaptor and if so recomendations would be appreciated. Someone on another...
  7. J

Does an FPGA Chip Convert Digital to Analog?

Hi all, I have the Esoteric N05XD. It uses an FPGA "Modulator" and then 64 bit DAC which I think is a ladder configuration. I read the FPGA thread on here about what it does etc. So is my N05XD a ladder dac or Delta Sigma? Here is the flow chart. Thanks
Top Bottom