Search results

1. P

Using 230v Studio Monitors in 110v Outlet

Thanks Thanks! I've ordered a 200w transformer and should arrive today or tomorrow https://www.amazon.com/-/es/America-Voltage-Converter-TVS-200-Transformer/dp/B06XHNV552 I'll post here there results in case someone has the same issue.
  2. P

Also, would it be better to buy two transformers? This monitors are bi amped, and i'm worried this whole transformer issue would change their sound
  3. P

Hi. I have a pair of Yamaha MSP5 that I bought in Argentina (Made in china) and they are 230V 60W 50Hz. I brought them home (Costa Rica) and the voltage here is 110V, and I realized this problem when I tried to make my first listen. Can someone explain to me what should I buy? I know I can...
  4. P

K5 Pro not enough for Hifiman Sundara?

I bought a K5 PRO and they make the Sundaras sound simply beautiful. The power is reall there. If you need more power than that, you'll probably need a new pair of ears. In high gain passing 70% it's not pleasing to have them on.
  5. P

Topping DX3 Pro or FiiO K5 Pro for my Hifiman Sundaras

Thanks for that bro. I've read people reviewing the Sundaras claiming that the more powefull the amp the greater the sound, no matter the volume. I dont know if that makes any sence, because this is my first dac amp experience. I've ordered mi FiiO K5 Pro yesterday. I ll post the results here.
  6. P

I've read that planars dont have that problem with output impedance. But anyways I think im leaning towards the K5 Pro That Schiit is, I think, not so powerful for this HP. I ve recieved advise to get something that gives arround 1W @ 32ohm
  7. P

Hello and happy new year! I've got a pair of Sundaras past week and love them. Now i'm using them with Focusrite 2i4. I can't get to decent listening levels without distortion. I prefer DAC + AMP for convenience. These to (topping and FiiO) are my winners for now. I wan't to stay in this price...
  8. P

Distortion in Hifiman Sundara, not enough amp or driver issue?

Yes I tought about them too. I'll see whats there. If I have to wait a month, I'll still enjoy the sundaras with the Focusrite... Life is good.
  9. P

As I live in Costa Rica, I don't have too many options. In fact, I've only found the Topping D3 used in facebook so far. I'll have to buy something on Ebay or Amazon and pay for the shipping
  10. P

Thanks for your time bro. I really loved the Sundaras, so I'll go for some decent amp to power them.
  11. P

Looking for DAC/Amps in Costa Rica, so difficult to find these kind of gear here, i found the Topping D3: Maximum output power 165mW (RL = 32Ω, THD + N = 1%). Based on the stereophile link, Sundaras will need 0.97 mW to reach 90d BSPL. But you said 970 mW/channel to get to 120dB. If I see it...
  12. P

I've just tried my AKG K550 with the Focusrite. At 70% its ok, when I start increasing the volume, the distortion is clearly there. It was definitely the Focusrite. I have to say im pretty impresed with the amount of distortion i get when I go avobe 70% in the headphones out. IDK if its only...
  13. P

That will be great. I'll make more tests with these 2 headphones with the focusrite and also with oneother interface and post my impresions here
  14. P

Thanks for the answer. I think you explained it perfectly. One thing that I dont get is that when using a pair of akg k550 with the focusrite at 100% I dont hear any distortion. If the focusrite is feeding the sundaras with distortion, why not also to the akg? I'm just being curious here. I...
  15. P

Not using any of those. Only tidal or flac files directly to the focusrite
  16. P

When reducing the level in the focusrite the issue is gone. Using the pc output or my phone there is no problem. But they arent capable of moving the phones to a good level, for me at least I own a pair of akg k550 and I never had this issue using the focusrite at 100% Also I was worried that...
  17. P

Hello. I'm having an issue with some brand new Hifiman Sundaras. I'm noticiong some distortion in the bass region. Using this tester , starting at 0:40 seconds, i hear some distortion along with the bass sine wave. Testing with a Focusrite 2i4 at max volume, but with YouTube at 45% i dont hear...
  18. P

Thats great. When I tested them at "lower volume" they reached very low and high tops. They are really awesome. What do you think about my issue? Do you have the same problem?
  19. P

Hello. I'm having the same issue with some brand new Sundaras. I'm noticiong some distortion in the bass region. Using this tester , starting at 0:40 seconds, i hear some distortion along with the bass sine wave. Testing with a Focusrite 2i4 at max volume, but YouTube at 45% i dont hear any...
Top Bottom