Search results

1. L

Definitive Tech Pro 800 Replacements for Rears?

I have been building out my home theater over time and currently use definitive tech pro monitor 800's as my rear channel and front heights in a combined Atmos / Auro 3d setup. Why did I settle on the 800's? I got them for cheap and they have very flexible mounting capabilities which helps in...
  2. L

HDI-3800 Alternative: Revel F206, Wharfedale 85, Hivi 3.1, BMR?

I recently bought a pair of HDI-3800 which I like however, would also like to try something which is on the other end of the palette when it comes to character. The JBL's have a somewhat narrow dispersion and might be described as lively but tight? Anyway, kind of want to see how something on...
  3. L

Waterfall analysis....is this a room issue OR misunderstanding?

Hi all, I've been doing lots of work optimizing my theater room and one thing which stuck out was the waterfall graph. My setup is as follows: 1. PC Optical Out -> Denon Receiver 2. Adcom GFA-5500 amp 3. JBL HDI-3800 speakers 5. Dayton UMM6 measurement mic Room is a basement with dropped...
  4. L

Polk Center VS. B&W Audyssey Measurements

I have two center channel speakers I am debating between, and will spare the full story as how I got here, but one is an LSIM706C from Polk and the other is a B&W HTM1. Below are two measurements reported from Audyssey XT32 on my Denon AVR. While I realize the Audyssey measurments aren't a...
  5. L

hdi-3800 VS r11 VS , Any experiences?

Back story: Started with Dynaudio Contour 1.8MKII, until recently a friend gave me some B&W 801 Matrix S2. The B&W were a big enough improvement with controlled big bass that I sold the Dyn's BUT, the 801's have history with after market crossovers (loudspeakerchef.com), tweeters replaced with...
  6. L

AV Receiver "stacking" for more power, any thoughts?

New here but reading some posts can tell this is the perfect forum for this sort of query. Short back story..recently tried an Onkyo TXS-Nr838 as an upgrade to my TX-SR805 but found it's interface to be lacking with slow turn on times and it was somewhat unpredictable (presets for listening...
Top Bottom