Search results

1. O

Any to measure musical instruments, like pricey violins?

musical gears, some very high priced, how to determine the things are actually "better", or just worse than some others, like your expensive one can do one whole pitch lower than the others, more precise, and better (if not less) or good-to-hear thd it can't be snake oil ain't it
  2. O

How to design headphones?

Is there any guide like Toole loudspeaker designing in terms of headphones, new cans can easily be sold for $5000 or up.
  3. O

Can Stax 009 hear the minor differences of DACs

Stax sr-009, the best or highest resolution headphones in the world supposedly, can it do that, under than same output level
  4. O

Is FR frequency range everything or almost anything?

even the so called punch or slam is "all" about FR? so FR is the magic in transducers? (despites different transducers)
  5. O

Oppenheimer

We deserve a thread, not sure how could they spend so much money on this IMAX biopic?
  6. O

What timbre is good timbre?

long time question here, apart from the famous "natural" line: "it sounds so natural" which can mean anything, the second vague thing is timbre, it gets the timbre so real, like real piano, but different pianos got different sounds/timbre in theory. so, what timbre is good timbre? how to...
  7. O

stax x9000, how good

king of this, king of that, lots of comments just claim that, if any of those claims are true, that thing's really a steal
  8. O

Ideas about blind test with ADDA

here's the thing, blind test can be carrying out: we need a bunch of different DACs all set under the same output level like 2vrms or 4vrms DAC - AD - digital files there're some decent adda out there, but anything within 10 or even 15 years can do that (audio interfaces, the one I daily use...
  9. O

Topping estats amp EHA5 (details updated)

any news from Topping and Stax? hope they can work that out.
  10. O

topping voltage output problem? the data alright?

topping published their output voltage number combined with two channels together? Vpp should be single channel afaik exp (all of them are like that) https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/integrated-amplifier/topping-la90-amplifier-class-ab-2x90w-4-ohm-1x180w-8-ohm-black-p-16386.html also check...
  11. O

Actually some thd+n -96db gears sound pretty good

I own some gears (mostly audio interfaces) that was from the 2000s, all of them not bad, and they can only do about -96db thd+n, that's the limit at their time... I tried newer gears not bad either, but the older ones ain't trash
  12. O

Gustard DAC-A26... ak4499ex coming

overpriced war is coming
  13. O

accidentally connect line in to line in, will there be problems

I think I was kind of slpeepy while testing, I connected one channel from the adda audio interface (got both line in and line outs) Line in to the line in of my hp amp, wanted to do some mono test. and no sound so I maxed out the volume pot, only heard some background noise through my...
  14. O

Nicehck earbuds: $1.99 giant killer?

no name brand but long time OEM manufacturer Nicehck got this $1.99 stuff, btw, it's a bit crazy for price the thing must be a hit, for the sq
  15. O

Seas diamond tweeter, anyone heard of it

Seas being famous maker with reasonable priced products, but this one among the highest, must got some reasons? also tech question: why there're some thick transparent stuff to seal the whole back
  16. O

firstwatt, when can asr measure it

ppl said first watt not doing good for the thd+n, at least we give it a try?
  17. O

how many snake oil out there? are those paid version eq oil too?

are those paid version eq oil too? some claim amps are useless but also claiming the EQ fancy paid version ($200 to $599) worth every dollar, oh come on, there're tons of excellent free eq out there why bother
  18. O

Headphone design: is there any guide or tutorial out there?

Is there any Toole or dissent like Linkwitz in the headphone designing, everyone is talking about speaker, speaker, speaker, maybe we should create something to pull the hp price down down down (please don't mention topping)
  19. O

will Topping gonna do amps for estats?

estats amp is very chaotic, some charged $20k, can topping do some and no tubes, all with solid state
  20. O

Chord anni, first chord headphone amp (can drive speaker too)

can we get some deep-in please, small magic box charged $3000?
Top Bottom