Search results

1. L

Front channels for home theater?

I have the 2 328be and the 426be. 328's have clarity and sound stage and base punchiness that 226s lack. The L and R are super critical and I want the best speakers there. As for the center channel 426 measures extremely well, let alone for the center channel, not sure how the 226s measure better.
  2. L

Anthem AVM60 Review (AV Processor)

Amir, you need to give them a timeframe for a response (say 3 months). If you haven't heard back within the timeslot, you should feel free to publish your results. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the second round of measurements for AVM 60 is not flattering.
  3. L

I have always maintained electronics rank much lower in order of importance. Room and speakers being at the top, but this is Gold!
  4. L

So as a layman music lover and not a tech geek, I'm trying to digest what this means. AVM60 was loved by consumers, but doesn't measure well. So is the measurement off? Or does this level of measurement is good enough for the average human ear? The other possibility is the product is poor...
  5. L

Anthem to introduce new models!

I'm unable to locate the IP via Google Home App as suggested in the video. Is there any other way to locate the device IP?
  6. L

What speaker brands would you consider better than Revel?

To answer the original question I find it hard pressed to find a better passive neutral speakers than Revel. Here is my two cents on other brands when I auditioned them earlier this yr. Most speakers I listened to were the top of their range and some at prices close to $85k. Active: Bang &...
  7. L

Interview Jim Garrett, Senior Director of Product Strategy at Harman

That's why I admire them. No BS. They just don't add additional drivers for the sake of it, jack up the price. I read in another thread where Kevin Voecks alluding to this. Hats off. Each release is carefully engineered with performance gains and at prices that's a bargain. If don't think if I...
  8. L

Interview Jim Garrett, Senior Director of Product Strategy at Harman

Jim Garrett's take between the two speakers is not surprising. I auditioned a variety of speakers and felt 328s were the best I listened to with the Salon2s a close second. Its incredible to see the engineering progress they have made in 13 years...
  9. L

Revel F226be and C426be review on Audioholics

Its an outstanding speaker, let alone a center channel. Size and legs can be problematic, I had to place it over my media cabinet not inside it. As a consequence, push up my TV mount. Minor headaches. But when these start playing, you are in a different world. The off-axis response is hard to...
  10. L

Revel F328Be or KEF Reference 3 Speakers.

Not that much of a difference! The f226be bass response is quite impressive given its size. Given that both could do with a sub-woofer, I would recommend saving $3k for subs.
  11. L

Best Symphonic Recordings

Audio is delivered in Stereo but I process it back to 5 channel (how it is originally recorded). I just played Brams Symphony 1, the content was equally spread among my L/C/R creating a wide soundstage, much better than the phantom projection from a stereo setup. But listening to Berlin Phil...
  12. L

Revel 328be and a sub/distortion

Have been using it for few months now. I don't think these speakers need a sub, unless someone is into heart throbbing movies. For music, which is my primary use, these are outstanding standalone speakers.
  13. L

What speaker/ monitor gave you the most "I never heard that before" moments?

As mentioned in a previous thread, the new Revel F328be opened a new light on a famous piece I had listened for ages. None of the other speakers from B&W 800d3, Paradigm Persona 9F, Kef Blade 2, Wilson Alexia, Sonus Faber Serafino were even close to such detailed, undistorted, neutral...
  14. L

AV Processor Recommendation

I went with a used ATI signature series amp. I was tempted by class D (Hypex/Purifi) but the higher SINAD seemed more apt for my use (music listening) as opposed to movies. On a different note, I looked into NAD as well. Great price on the combo btw. I was thrown off by the NAD M17V2 review my...
  15. L

AV Processor Recommendation

Vivek, I went with AV70 and separate amplifier. This is an upgrade from my old Denon AVR. Reason I went with the AV70+AMP are: 1. Better streaming choices: Built in chromecast, spotify connect and roon (soon) 2. Better DAC 3. Much Better room correction 4. XLR outs - not a fan of RCA Like you...
  16. L

Revel F328Be Speaker Review

I used primarily classical music to test as first that's what I love to listen and with a full orchestra it captures the entire frequency spectrum. I'm just sharing my audition experience from recollection. The wave-guides are years ahead of Salon2, it was particularly visible when I played...
  17. L

Revel F328Be Speaker Review

Amir, congrats on the 100th speaker review. The measurements just proves my listening experience. I went in looking for speakers under $50k (auditioned everything from Wilson, B&W, Sonus Faber, Paradigm, KEFs) and landed on these. To me, Revel has produced a gem at around $15k price range and...
  18. L

Best Symphonic Recordings

Is this conversation about the best quality of recording or the best music making (performance) that was recorded? The two are very different. We recently subscribed to Berlin Philharmonic's digital concert hall. Last night we listened to "Jupiter" conducted by Simon Rattle in my 5 channel...
  19. L

How good are older Denon receivers?

The 3313ci is still going strong. I decided to do upgrade to separates, but if it were a receiver Denon would be my choice.
  20. L

Anthem to introduce new models!

That will be a terrible drop in quality and performance. Given that it is the same DAC as in Denon 8500H, the SINAD as measured by AMIR is quite good and make it a worthy upgrade. But still I would to see it tested and reviewed before I take a plunge.
Top Bottom