Search results

1. The Jniac

Guitar Pickups

Wow, this is almost exactly what I was looking for. Kudos; I wish I could like your comment more than once.
  2. The Jniac

Guitar Pickups

Hello everyone, I am starting this thread in hopes of getting a good discussion going about pickups for guitar, and possibly other instruments as well. In particular, I would like to know why pickups sound the way that they do. For example, Seymour Duncan offers a variety of pickups, and even...
  3. The Jniac

Harmonic Fusion Study: Home Thread

Hello everyone! Today I am asking for your help in a research study for a class on research methods. Participation will not require anything from you except some time and a computer with web browsing and audio playback capabilities. Permission to post this here has been provided by Amir, for...
  4. The Jniac

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

The engineers at Topping should seriously consider writing textbooks. Their ability to consistently put out products with stunning performance is something that warrants being shared.
  5. The Jniac

Cambridge Audio CXA81 Review (Sample 2)

I am no Electrical Engineer, but surely there must be a way to filter out noise from the USB without breaking the bank? Cheap DACs seem to have no such issues.
  6. The Jniac

NAD Wireless USB DAC 2 Review

My jaw hit the floor looking at those performance graphs. A $250 wireless device hitting almost 110dB SINAD is the kind of thing that I would not believe if I saw it advertised. Whoever is responsible for this should get a nice raise.
  7. The Jniac

Burson Soloist 3XP Review (Headphone Amp)

And they have built-in EQ. Really, they slaughter this thing.
  8. The Jniac

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Why does the filter not start until ~22kHz? Would it not make more sense to start at 20kHz or 21kHz so that you have full attenuation before reaching nyquist?
  9. The Jniac

Musetec Audio (LKS Audio) MH-DA005 Review (DAC)

So not only is it worse than an ODAC, it might burn your house down. At least it will look good while doing so.
  10. The Jniac

VTA ST-70 Review (Stereo Tube Amplifier)

It is okay as a tube amp, but I find some of the issues with build and implementation to be rather distressing for what they want for it.
  11. The Jniac

AudioQuest NRG-X3 Review (AC Power Cord)

If I replace the power cord on my PC with this, it will help me keep a higher overclock stable, right?
  12. The Jniac

PS Audio PowerPlant 12 Review (AC Regenerator)

All these "power cleaning" products remind me of some of those ads in Monty Python, only serious instead of mocking.
  13. The Jniac

Behringer Truth B2031A - how truthful is it? (review / modding)

I recommend against a sub; once you go below about 400Hz, the room modes will ruin any attempt at a flat response. In fact, if you already have a usable source, it might be a good idea to just go with the best speakers you can, since the transducers are almost always going to be the weakest part...
  14. The Jniac

Behringer Truth B2031A - how truthful is it? (review / modding)

They appear to be links; clicking them shows images.
  15. The Jniac

FX-Audio Tube 02 Pro Review (Headphone Amp)

To be honest, I was shocked at the noise floor. It seems that someone was paying attention when they designed this. Not my thing, but definitely a good pick for someone wanting to try a distorted sound.
  16. The Jniac

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Hot damn, after that Emotiva thing, it is nice to see a company putting real effort into developing a product that performs well. A splendid show that is all the more welcome given the price point.
  17. The Jniac

Emotiva MC-1 Review (Home Theater Processor)

Kind of disappointing that they want four figures for a device which might as well be called the CBA-13 (Cannot Be Arsed; 13 channels). Given that the company has a bit of a reputation for subpar software, these measurements do not inspire confidence that they are turning things around and...
  18. The Jniac

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

The way that they managed to screw up basically everything has to be worth some kind of medal. It is as if they blew the entire budget on the case, then had the rest thrown together by an unpaid intern who was halfway through a Bachelor's in EE.
  19. The Jniac

JL ELectronics Sylph-D200 Amplifier Module Review

If it could keep the distortion down, then yes, but the reference spec does not look like it can actually manage that. Still, it looks like you can get over 150W out of it with acceptable THD+N, so there is certainly room to make this much better.
  20. The Jniac

Dynaudio Core 47 Review (Professional Monitor)

That distortion peak seems to align with the notch in the midrange response.
Top Bottom