• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Jniac

Hello everyone! Today I am asking for your help in a research study for a class on research methods. Participation will not require anything from you except some time and a computer with web browsing and audio playback capabilities. Permission to post this here has been provided by Amir, for which I am indescribably grateful.

If you are interested, please see the introductory video (length: 4:48) here before participating. It provides the basic instructions for the study, as well as some important information about what data we receive. If you wish to participate, please open the Google Slides presentation with the study materials, available here, and the Google Forms answer form, available here, in separate tabs so that you can go back and forth between them.

As is mentioned several times throughout the study materials and in the introduction video, your participation is entirely voluntary, and you are free to back out at any time. Your responses are not made available until you have completed and submitted them, so we cannot know if anyone decides to back out. No identifying information is collected or retained, and all responses will be deleted once the data analysis is complete. Furthermore, your responses will not be shared publicly or privately, in whole or in part, with any individual or organization not directly involved in the study.

Once you have completed the study, please watch the debriefing video (length: 2:58), available here. The video talks a bit about the research question and the methodology being used to address that question. However, because the video does not contain any information that would affect performance in the study, you can watch it before participating if you wish. The final report will be published in this thread on or before August 8th, 2022, but will have personal information such as my name, student details, and the institution at which I am a student removed for privacy reasons. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask!

Top Bottom