Search results

1. D

HDMI to HDMI and TOSLINK audiok

I have a system that consists of a Roku Express connected to a TV. The TOSLINK audio from the TV is connected to the TOSLINK input of a minidsp Flex 8 which controls an active crossover loudspeaker system. With this I can listen to the TV show on the stereo or stream from my phone via Airplay...
  2. D

Roku for Airplay Audio Streamer

I have a Roku Express connected to a TV via HDMI, and the TV is connected to a minidsp Flex 8 in my audio system via SPDIF. I can listen to the audio from a TV show or I can connect my iPhone to the Roku via Airplay and listen to Apple Music. It seems like this is a very inexpensive Airplay...
  3. D

Minidsp Flex Stability Concerns

I am considering using a Minidsp Flex 8 to replace an analog filter crossover in some DIY speakers that I built twenty years ago. I would change the speaker from a 2 way MTM to a 2.5 way. I have a concern that, if the Flex programming changed, that it could damage the tweeter. Has anyone ever...
  4. D

Small integrated amp with phono inputs

Looking for a small class d amp with BT and phono inputs. Any help is appreciated.
  5. D

Wiim mini vs Qudelix 5k

In Amir’s reviews of the Wiim mini and the Qudelix 5k the performance looks to me to be almost identical for the analog output of the Wiim vs the output of the Qudelix using LDAC BT, but Amir describes the Wiim performance as lackluster and the Qudelix performance as full transparency. I suppose...
  6. D

Distortion Budget

This has probably been discussed previously, but I can’t find it. I don’t understand why the distortion of the various system components needs to be way better than the distortion of loudspeakers. The distortion of the most highly rated speakers is much worse than that of mediocre components...
  7. D

Audibility criteria in reviews.

It would be nice if all reviews had audibility criteria. Presently, reviews have mostly a comparison to other products and occasionally mention of audibility. In keeping with the theme of Audio Science, it would be great to know where performance will make a difference.
  8. D

Speaker Preference Score Article?

I would like to read the Journal of the Audio Engineering Society article that describes loudspeaker preferences, but I have lost the title. Would someone please give it to me? Thanks.
  9. D

Audiophonics MPA-M250NC 1x250W Amplifier

I recently purchased a MPA-M250NC amplifier from Audiophonics, and I am very happy with the unit. I am using it to drive a full range speaker, and the sound is crystal clear. The unit is small and light. The construction seems robust. It arrived surprisingly fast to the USA.
Top Bottom