Search results

1. M

Should I keep my PMC DB1 Gold Speakers

I have an NAD c 268 amp, a modius dac, a SYS preamp and PMC DB1 Gold speakers. Up until this evening, I thought my speakers were great and the lynchpin of whatever system I would end up with. But tonight I read some reviews about these PMC speakers and apparently the results of measurements are...
  2. M

Looking for a device to prevent amp from turning off

My NAD C 268 turns off after a few minutes of no signal. My preamp is passive so I can't use it as a trigger and my DAC doesn't have a trigger. Anyone know of an inexpensive device or solution to prevent the amp from turning off by itself? My amp has a trigger in/out on it. I saw something...
  3. M

Preamp recommendation needed

I currently have a modius DAC, a SYS schiit passive preamp, NAD C268 amp and PMC DB Gold speakers. My sound is good. My problem is that my SYS preamp doesn't have a remote and it is starting to wear on me. Does anyone have a preamp recommendation? I need only 1 input (optical), no phono...
  4. M

Freya+

I see reviews for the Freya and Freya S, but not a review yet for the Freya+. Anyone have any guesses on what affect the tubes (tube mode) of the Freya+ would have on transparency? I read that the tube mode on the Freya+ is not overly tube-like. Does all "tube-like" sound involve a lack of...
  5. M

I could use some suggestions

I'm new here and I'd first like to say what a great site. Very glad to have learned about this place. I may be wrong, but from what I gather, the DAC and amp reviews focus on transparency, and transparency is what I'm after. I have a schitt SYS passive preamp, schitt modius DAC (well reviewed...
Top Bottom