Search results

1. T

Review and Audio Measurement of LG G7 ThinQ Smartphone

Have you used it to create playlists that remain separate from what might be currently playing? I have d/l it but yet to install.
  2. T

Not what I'm finding. PowerAmp can only "see" 78 of my Hi-Rez albums. I have over 113Gb of music files on my LG V35! Am going to try Neutron trial and even go back to Foobar2000!
  3. T

Has anyone found software app, other than UAPP and Neutron, that can play files thru the Quad-Dac? they play fine but library and playlist creation is terrible.
  4. T

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

The Monoprice unit states dual THX AAA 788 amps. Same as the Massdrop '789' ? The real question is the implementation of the dual AKM4493 chips. As amirm has shown in many tests, just having a name DAC chip does not mean automatic success. The components upstream and downstream from the chip are...
  5. T

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Fantastic work as usual amirm! But you present me with a hard choice to make. I have the D50 but need a headphone amp plus pre-amp. So I would be buying the DX3Pro but only using 2 out of 3 functions. I stopped using the Schiit Magni 3 because it was such a horrible pre-amp and the headphone...
  6. T

[Topping] DX3 Pro coming soon

Have you reviewed any DAC's with the AKM4493 chip?
  7. T

[Topping] DX3 Pro coming soon

Oh, how I wish! I've sent emails to Topping since getting my D50. Why can't there be a A50 and a PA5?? With their own acrylic shelf unit! But some of the other commenters are likely right. Given competition, it's probably not a money maker for Topping.
  8. T

Congrats zandm7! I purchased the V35 and have spent the morning setting everything up. It was great to hear my 24/192 files in my car! But I'm looking for something other than the LG player too. I can verify that it plays DSD64 & DSD128.
  9. T

Good news amirm! New member ishmeister has the V30 and reports that it does play 24/192 and DSD64. I doubt they would change that in the V35, which is going for $699 at Project Fi (I have a 6p) plus a $150 service credit. ishmeister posted a link to a Stereophile review that I somehow missed...
  10. T

Ishmeister, since you have the LG V30 can you state what bit depth and scan frequency the phone's 'Quad Dac' is capable of playing? I was looking at the V35 or new V40 to hold my 24bit/192Khz Flac music files and play into my AUX input in my car or drive my AKG K712Pros around the house. I'm...
  11. T

Great review, amirm! I've been looking at this phone hoping it would have real Hi-Res performance. But I have sent 2 emails to LG to see what bit depth and sample frequency are with out any real info in a reply. Can this handle 24bit/192Khz? With the option of a 2TB add in card I could store all...
  12. T

Review and Measurements of Topping A30 and Schiit Magni 3 Headphone Amps

So I guess I'm still waiting for a Topping ' A50' and a 'PA5'. That would be a true budget stack that should sound great. I see that you too found the headphone output to have a 'brightness / brassy' tone. Too bad you couldn't test it as a preamp. I will wait for a better performing preamp/...
  13. T

Are Measurements of Schiit Yggdrasil DAC Inconsistent?

Not at all. The Mag III can act as a pre-amp. They speak highly of it's versatility . The D50 goes to the Mag III , then the Mag III goes to the PA3.. The PA3 is the amplifier of the signal from the Mag III. Just as the PA3 is the amplifier for the direct feed from the D50. I forgot about Foobar...
  14. T

I wish I had all those cool tools and bright shiny toys that amirm has. But I wouldn't know how to use them anyway. So I had to find my own real world, in your face, reality TV ready, do or die A/B testing of the Schiit vs. Non Schiit! And so, behold, I took the right channel from the Topping...
  15. T

Didn't amirm prove a couple of reviews ago that ANYTHING is better than the Jotunheim? You know, 2 washed out bean cans and some string? I love tapping my toes to my music. Don't like zapping my toes with my music!
  16. T

It's Time for New Speakers! Oh, dear . .. . .

I DON'T NEED NEW SPEAKERS!! I NEED MY HEAD EXAMINED!!! I can't believe I did this. I bought the Topping PA3 and the Schiit Magni III at the same time. Hooked them up with computer and speakers at the same time. I liked the sound but thought the headphone output was a bit brash / bright but OK...
  17. T

Does this include the Massdrop variation " JBL 3xx ' ?
  18. T

I think it's time I got rid of my JBL speakers. It was great while it lasted. They were proudly made in Northridge, Ca. in 1983 and I've had them ever since. Been through 5 houses, 1 apartment, 2 wives, 1 daughter . . . you get the idea. But times change. I currently have my new Topping D50...
  19. T

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

Hello All! I got my D50 from Mass Drop but, of course, had to wait for revised shipping date. Given the info in this thread, I hoped that the wait was because MD was getting a revised version that solved earlier problems. I have had zero hum or noise from the start. Finally found the option to...
Top Bottom