Search results

1. A

Advice on speakers for near / mid-field setup

I’ve gifted a pair of KH80DSP speakers to my son and am after advice on replacement options. The speakers will be situated on a desk, either side of a monitor, and about 1.2m from the listening position. (The desk is up against the front wall which is untreated due to there being a (closed)...
  2. A

AVR for stereo

I'm running stereo D&D8C speakers with on-board room equalization enabled and music played via selecting the speakers as an end-point within Roon. The reason for the thread is to get advice on an AVR or AVP that would allow me to integrate the speakers into a TV / AV set-up comprising of...
  3. A

Solid State amp for High-Efficiency Speakers

I’m running 2-way active speakers comprising a Unity Horn (>350Hz) and 18” Mid-Bass Bin (80 - 350Hz) which are complemented with subwoofers (<80Hz). The set-up uses two Crown XLS 1502 amps each supporting a Unity Horn and Mid-Bass Bin. I’m now looking to get a dedicated amp for the Unity Horns...
  4. A

Advice on AVR or AVP for stereo

I'm after an AVR or AVP (or another option) that measures well and is suitable for a stereo system. The system configuration is Sources -> AVR|AVP Pre-Out -> mini-DSP (D/A -> X/O + EQ -> A/D) -> Volume Control -> High Pass to Active Mains + Low Pass to Subwoofers. All this is to replace an HDMI...
  5. A

Matching pre-/amp, input sensitivities, output voltage ...

I’m confused with matching gain across my (DIY) system and after advice. The heart of the system is an RME UCX which feeds power amps with an input sensitivity of 1.4VRMS (or 0.775VRMS). This audio interface has +4BU and -10dBV settings on the analog outputs with manual stating that: High is...
  6. A

Digital Pre-Amp with optimized Main + Sub integration

I’ve had excellent results using Audiolense to create filters that deal with the x/o between main speakers and sub-woofers as well as overall room equalization. The fact is that I’ve never been able to get quite as good a result through the x/o region with a mini-DSP 10x10HD as I’ve got using...
  7. A

Stereo A/V

I’m looking for a well-engineered, cost effective, solution for A/V with stereo speakers plus multiple subwoofers. The current incarnation of my set-up is shown below and sees an HDMI Audio De-Embedder used to extract Digital S/PDIF (Stereo) which is then subject to overall EQ via mini-DSP...
  8. A

The effects of mid-bass drivers

I have, over the journey, keep combing back to speakers with large mid-bass drivers. My current study set-up - which is a bit of a play-pen - has subs for low bass (<80Hz) and main speakers (Gale 401) that run >80Hz. The Gales have twin 8”drivers that product good bass | mid-bass but adding...
  9. A

Advice on a change of direction

Our main system comprises of a 12’ x 16’ room with bass traps in the four corners and an active speaker system made up of a pair of Unity Horns on top of sealed 18” mid-/bass bins that reside in the front left / right corners. The system is controlled with cross-over (at 300Hz), time-alignment...
  10. A

Desktop audio options

So I am, like a lot of others, working from home and finding that time at my desk extends from early morning to late evening. The reason for the post is that I am looking to bring music to the desk-top to make the days more enjoyable and am after some advice. My main issue is that I use dual 27”...
  11. A

Low bass (<40Hz) multiple subs?

It's quite common to have multiple subwoofers running <80Hz with, as I understand it, the idea being to smooth the response across multiple seating positions My question is whether this has any merit when the subs run <35Hz. I get that having multiple subs running <40Hz might help in terms of...
  12. A

(Very) near field sub-woofer

I'm tinkering with the idea of setting up a near-field sub-woofer behind the (single seat) listening position. The context is that in-room measurements that I've done with the microphone being 10 to 30 cm from driver has all shown near flat results - so I'm reasoning that this would be a simple...
  13. A

Speakers that measure well and work in small room

I'm after a direction on some stereo speakers for a 12'x16' room. The set-up has a pair of Gale 401a in horizontal orientation with 3 sealed subs that are fed a <80Hz mono signal with crossover done in the digital domain based on filters generated from Audiolense. My basic issue is that in this...
  14. A

<50Hz bass for stereo

I've set-up an old pair of wide-baffle 3-way book-shelf speakers in our 12' x 16' room as a nice listening nook for when our son, and his friends, take over our main lounge where the main system is set-up. I've set-up some tuned bass traps in the front corners and super-chunks in one rear...
  15. A

Good, inexpensive, A to D Converter?

Can anyone recommend a good quality, reasonably priced, stereo A to D converter with AES (XKR) or SPDIF (RCA) outputs?
  16. A

Advice on adding a subwoofer

I'm looking to add a subwoofer, or two, to fill out the 20 to 80Hz portion of a stereo system that resides in small 16' x 12' room that has combination of Helmholtz and super chunk bass traps. The chain is music server -> pro-audio interface -> (.80Hz) line level to stereo speakers + -> (<80Hz...
  17. A

Pre-amp for active digital / analogue speakers

This thread is spawned from an initial discussion within the Dutch & Dutch 8c thread about digital pre-amps that can feed the speakers like the 8c which have digital inputs. To summarise, the 8c have a single input that can be configured for analogue or digital (AES), on-board volume control via...
Top Bottom