Search results

1. a2lowvw

HDMI cable selection help

I have had really good luck with https://www.bluejeanscable.com I use them for hdmi, rca and speaker cables.
  2. a2lowvw

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

I have a set on order through a local Kef dealer (I’m local to Amir) but I’m hopeful he gets a set to test before mine show up. I’ve been shopping stuff in this category for an upcoming trip.
  3. a2lowvw

Are feet / still points necessary (even a little)?

I keep looking at the different feet options to replace the spikes and pads on my towers. Less interested in the alleged benefits and more interested in having an easier option to avoid gouging the new hardwood floor if something gets bumped or moved.
  4. a2lowvw

Apple's first high-end headphones

Looks like they are out to early March at this point... people aren't worried about the cost.
  5. a2lowvw

Car Audio: Fixing a 1979 Porsche 924. What would an "audiophile" setup of roughly that era look like? I'm a noob.

I've got a buddy locally that mod's all his old car radio's to either accept bluetooth or usb inputs. In my older Volkswagen I have a Nakamichi CD-45Z and it fits well with the 80/90's styling. They seem to have gotten expensive in the last couple years.
  6. a2lowvw

Speaker cable

Then what leads do you use into and out of the box? I want to maximize the clarity and raise the fog from my current setup :p
  7. a2lowvw

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

This is beginning to sound like an AA meeting (Audiophile's Anonymous).
  8. a2lowvw

What is your daily job ? ... any hobbies ?

I work in a performance oriented automotive parts and repair shop that specializes in Audi/VW/BMW. Since we are a small organization things such as titles and job descriptions get a bit blurry. I manage our purchasing, inventory control, shipping department and am the go to for machining and...
  9. a2lowvw

Uncoloured phono cartridges

I honestly think the younger generations are driving the biggest demand for vinyl. Our collection started with 186 albums that were left to us by my in-laws and a gift from a family friend (we are now up to 228 albums). Listening to albums is kind of like shooting old guns, while new guns can...
  10. a2lowvw

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

I feel a link to this post should be sent to every new user as a welcome/greeting to ASR. Truth be told I found this gem after buying a bunch of gear. At first I was mad at myself for not doing more research on each individual component but after getting 250 hours of burn in my golden ears...
  11. a2lowvw

New KEF LS50 collection with new Metamaterial Absorption Technology (MAT) coming.

I noticed this the other day flirting around on the Kef site. You can now buy a single LS50 Meta for use as a center channel. https://www.shop.us.kef.com/speaker/stereo-speakers/center-channel-speakers/ls50-metac-center-channel.html
  12. a2lowvw

Speaker Recommendations: <$1500 for 3.1 HT System

I feel Klipsch is a love it or hate it sound. People will tell you to go listen and see what sounds best to you. Klipsch high tones can be tiring for some people. It's a little over budget but with the Kef Q series on sale you are close to getting a set of Q550 towers and a Q250 or Q650...
  13. a2lowvw

Stone Speakers from Italy

I prefer rock and roll music.
  14. a2lowvw

If you are feeling election anxiety today...

I'm surfing all the old un-read threads here trying to take my mind off of current event's. So far it's working great.
  15. a2lowvw

Thomas Savage Stepping Down as Moderator

As said by many Thanks for your work and commitment to making ASR what it is. Even the newbies like myself can read through old threads and see the effort that was put in.
  16. a2lowvw

what are your industrial design favorites?

Had to look it up. I'm not going to buy an 8K ipod no matter how cool it is.
  17. a2lowvw

Marantz Model 30

That's too bad. Other than the Porthole it's a neat looking piece, I just wish they would have used higher quality materials.
  18. a2lowvw

Vintage Hi-Fi Consoles

I should see this in about 5 weeks
  19. a2lowvw

Vintage Hi-Fi Consoles

I love the looks of these. They pop up for sale fairly often in the Seattle area so I have thought about getting one and updating all the components but I realize it would be a dead end project as my spare time is limited as it is.
  20. a2lowvw

Spendor classic 3/1 or kef r3

I really enjoyed the Kef R3's. Wife and I auditioned a pair but ended up buying the R5's as she didn't like the look of speaker stands.
Top Bottom