Search results

1. O

GR Research "The Bully"

The DIY option is $2600 for the kit, and DIY the cabinet. Additional options for the cabinet... Flat pack $900 Built cabinets $1200 Built and veneered $1400 - $2100 depending on the finish So not really "5 grand for DIY" ... Also the A370 plate amp is the same as on the Rhythmik servo subs...
  2. O

How to wash an amplifier board?

You mean an electrical contact cleaner like this? https://www.wd40.com/products/contact-cleaner/
  3. O

PS Audio PowerPlant P12 Amplifier Tests (Video)

Don't give Paul any ideas lol
  4. O

PS Audio PowerPlant P12 Amplifier Tests (Video)

Oh my, that PS Audio guy has no idea what he is talking about lol. He's tying himself into knots trying to explain how a better HDMI cable results in more vivd colors, sharper images... He has absolutely no clue!
  5. O

Yamaha RX-A8A (Japanese website)

We'll see, I (perhaps erroneously) thought the review was completed while waiting for Yamaha's confirmation. It has been a while since they confirmed it. I can't imagine Yamaha wants a review detailing a 'hot mess' to make it to publication. I would imagine they would prefer the usual...
  6. O

So much for Gene's integrity... I guess Yamaha told him not to release it. Amir will have to review it in order to find the actual measurements.
  7. O

Alec Baldwin shooting: Lawyer suggests potential sabotage on ‘Rust’ set.

Bullshit. If he cocked the hammer, even if only half cocked, the hammer would not fall UNLESS the trigger was pulled. He is trying to avoid responsibility with the age old excuse "the gun just went off all by itself" but in the end, he is responsible Doesn't matter who failed before he took...
  8. O

As I understand, the low freq mode sets YPAO for correcting bass below 250Hz (I think, might be a little higher). So it can use most of the PEQ bands just for that region. The Yamaha rep in one of Audioholics interviews said that it will determine the problem frequencies, but the Q and Gain...
  9. O

Arcam unveils entry level AVR5 AV receiver

I read the headline as it's Arcam's entry level model in that line, not that it's a low priced model.
  10. O

A company the size of Yamaha already knew about these issues before they sent him the receiver, they are certainly capable of performing the same Audio Precision tests as a guy on YouTube. It's a shame, I remember the pre HDMI Yamaha receivers I've had, they worked perfectly, and still do...
  11. O

P452 and Sointuva from March Audio

They look really nice.
  12. O

It's hard to tell from the picture, do these have a stain, or just oil rubbed?
  13. O

What wood are these made from?
  14. O

Movies Worth Owning

This one is worth watching for the laughs. I love unintentionally funny horror movies.
  15. O

Movies Worth Owning

16. O

Movies Worth Owning

17. O

Movies Worth Owning

18. O

Movies Worth Owning

19. O

Movies Worth Owning

20. O

Movies with great music in them?