Search results

1. pluplog

Topping A50s Headphone Amplifier Review

Looks like another winning amp... my wallet grins at me.
  2. pluplog

HEDD AMT-Based Headphones...

I've had mine for about a month now, and I've said elsewhere on a another thread, I like them (with and without EQ). The weight doesn't bother me, but these are absolutely open as open can be (I heard everything in the room)
  3. pluplog

Dead amp

Thanks @solderdude @AnalogSteph, I might have a look and check the power supply as a last resort. @Geshelli, I've DM'ed you. I had sent out 2 emails to try and follow up but there was no reply from your end. Maybe it went to spam or something.
  4. pluplog

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

That's a rather bizzare comment, why is it uncomfortable? I've had class A amps that run way hotter than that (still have a Nuforce HA-200 on my desk) and adjusting the volume knob even then isn't much of a bother. The L30 runs way way lower.
  5. pluplog

Totaldac is back! This time with a ~$20k effects processor disguised as an amp...

Something I learnt from this forum - denial is strong, like no-that-cannot-be-true strong.
  6. pluplog

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Added the HEDDphones recently - was a blind buy (didn't get to audition them) but so far I like them a lot. Weight is probably the biggest issue brought up by others but I have no issues with heavy tanks over my skull. These are some of the most "open" headphones I've had - I can hear everything...
  7. pluplog

What is your daily job ? ... any hobbies ?

Software engineer (with a love for many languages - I spent the last 12 years having written production code in Python, Ruby, Haskell, Clojure, Go and Javascript), though of late my role has moved towards more managerial/people duties vs being purely hands on. I cook and bake a lot in my free...
  8. pluplog

Dead amp

It's probably not worth the effort to ship it back. I'll wait a week or 2 more to see if they follow up with a reply.
  9. pluplog

What Audio Players Do You Have Installed On Your Windows,Mac or Linux?

I run Tidal/Spotify desktop applications on Windows (with Equalizer APO), on my Linux workstation I use cmus with PulseEffects for EQ.
  10. pluplog

Dead amp

I ordered an Archel2 Pro after reading the reviews here and I wanted a small-ish amp to put in the bedroom for ad-hoc listens. There was some initial back and forth that they don't directly ship to my location but in the end I figured I'll take a bet and order through a forwarding service. Fast...
  11. pluplog

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

Got mine in the mail a few days ago, really great amp! Using with the E30 and I have to say, Topping really does it well. :D
  12. pluplog

On the lookout for mixing headphones

I guess with ergonomics it's really personal; sorry to hear the S4X was such a horrid experience. Hopefully the Clears will be a good tradeoff for your use case. Thanks for the update.
  13. pluplog

I understood the X came about from various feedback from the original S4s but I'm not quite sure what the improvements were: the headband and earpads? I get what you mean with the over-ears... though it doesn't bug me as much. I have a LCD-2 and a newly acquired HEDDphone for late night...
  14. pluplog

Archel 2 Pro and headphone ohm.

The Archel2 Pro looks really good (I just put in an order for one) on the measurements, I'm pretty sure won't have any issues driving the Sundara with them.
  15. pluplog

@RaztoR the S4X came in today. After an hour of listening, my 2 cents are: 1. They are incredibly light 2. The headband extension is smooth (no tugging required) 3. Pads are comfortable 4. Headband is really microphonic (when you move them), but once it's settle I don't hear anymore I could...
  16. pluplog

Was this aimed at ASR?

That's a whole lot of silly in a single webpage :facepalm:
  17. pluplog

@RaztoR I intended to use them for listening at home when I'm doing work; the leather pads on my LCD-2 makes for a bit of sweat when it's warm, I've read that these are comfortable, lighter and would make for a longer wear. I'll post back on how they wear when it comes.
  18. pluplog

Ollo has this trial available (30 days?); I just made an order couple of days ago for one... might be worth a try - audition and see if it's a fit and if not just pay the return cost I believe.
  19. pluplog

Best Horror movies

The recent Netflix rendition of Ju-on was pretty dark. After the show, I'm not sure which is scarier, the ghost or the humans.
Top Bottom